For a fun Easter art idea, make some tape resist Easter eggs! These Easter eggs are easy to make using washi tape and paint. You can even turn them into cards!
RELATED: Torn Paper Easter Eggs
Tape Resist Easter Egg Art
Kids will love to try this painting technique for Easter! If you do not have washi tape you can also use painter’s tape.
Each Easter egg will turn out different and unique! You can even turn them into cards by folding over a piece of paper and cutting out the egg shape. Or print off some of our Easter egg coloring cards.
Supplies Needed to Make Tape Resist Easter Eggs
- White cardstock
- Acrylic paint
- Washi tape – we used this 6mm size but any size would work. The smaller the tape, the thinner the lines in between your design. You can also use painter’s tape.
- White Glue
- Glitter (optional) – gold. You can also use biodegradable eco glitter.
Watch The Video Tutorial!
How To Make Tape Resist Easter Eggs
1. Start by printing off the Easter egg template.
You can get the template at the bottom of the post.
2. Use the template to trace onto white cardstock.
Cut out a few different Easter eggs if you want to make more than one design. You can also paint directly on the template.
3. Use washi tape or painter’s tape to create the Easter egg design.
You can do stripes, diagonal lines, zig zag lines or come up with your own unique design!
You can also do a geometric shape by adding the tape in different directions.
4. Paint the Easter eggs.
Brush on a few thin layers of paint.
Paint one layer, then add another layer on top.
If you want to add glitter, leave some of the lines unpainted to add glitter in these areas.
5. Brush on white glue into the areas you want to add glitter.
Shake glitter onto the glue and then shake off any excess that doesn’t stick.
6. Remove the washi tape to reveal your Easter egg!
Carefully remove the tape, starting from the last piece of tape that was added.
If the tape starts to remove the paper when removing, stop. Then pull from the opposite end instead. Go slow during this step so that it does not pull off the paper with it.
We love how beautiful these Easter eggs turn out!
Kids will love to get creative and come up with their own designs! These would look great hung up on a bulletin board or turned into cards.
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *