All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
This Easter suncatcher craft is a colorful and fun activity for kids! We love how how easy they are to make. Decroate your windows for Easter today with these colorful suncatchers.
RELATED: Easter Crafts for Kids
Easter Suncatcher Craft
These suncatchers only require a few materials that you might already have on hand. You only need laminating paper, tissue paper, black cardstock and our free printable Easter egg templates. You can also draw your Easter eggs too!
We also have free printable Easter egg templates kids can color here.
There are 3 designs to choose from. Choose your favorite or make all 3!
Supplies Needed To Make Easter Suncatchers
- Tissue Paper or Square Tissue Paper Pieces
- Clear Contact Paper or Self-Adhesive Laminating Sheets
- Black Cardstock
- Double sided tape (for hanging)
- Free Printable Template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template
Watch the video tutorial here!
Instructions For Making an Easter Egg Suncatcher
1. First, print off the template. You can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template.
Cut out the template and use it to trace around black cardstock.
2. Cut out the Easter eggs from your black cardstock.
Bend the center slightly to cut out the middle of the template, leaving only the black outline.
You should have 3 designs from black cardstock that look like this:
3. Then place the Easter egg outline onto the sticky side of a piece of contact paper or self-adhesive laminating paper.
4. Cut up your tissue paper into small squares. You can also buy square tissue paper pieces.
Layer the tissue paper squares onto the contact paper or laminating paper. Don’t worry if you go outside of the outline, this will get trimmed off later!
We made different color patterns based on the sections of the Easter egg. When my kids made their own they put colors all over the template and that looked good too!
5. Place another piece of self-adhesive laminating paper or contact paper on top of your finished Easter egg and press down firmly. Be careful to lay the final sheet on flat so that you do not get any bumps or air bubbles when placing down.
6. Trim around your Easter egg. Then use double-sided tape to add to your windows!
We hope you enjoy making these colorful Easter egg suncatchers to brighten your windows this Easter season!
Note – if your window is in an area that both sides of the suncatcher will be seen, you can cut out an extra black cardstock shape to place on top of the other side. Glue this on top of your tissue paper and then place your laminating sheet on as a final step.
To get the template, subscribe below and it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift. Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More Easter Crafts
See 25+ Easter Crafts for Kids – there is something for everyone in this list!
Get the free template to make this adorable Easter bunny card too!
These pasta Easter eggs are great for kids to design their own Easter egg!