This popsicle stick penguin is such an easy and fun craft to do with the kids! You only need a few supplies to make these and it’s the perfect craft to use up recycled popsicle sticks!
RELATED: Penguin Crafts for Kids
Popsicle Stick Penguin
This craft stick penguin is easy and fun to do with the kids! Our kids loved playing with the craft afterward which is always an added bonus when you make something.
If you like recycled crafts, see our recycled crafts for kids book which both have chapters full of popsicle stick crafts!
Also see these other adorable penguin crafts:
Supplies to Make a Popsicle Stick Penguin
– Glue – we like this one the best since it’s stronger and made for gluing on pom poms and craft sticks. You can also use hot glue (adult assistance).
Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
Directions to Make a Popsicle Stick Penguin
1. First you’ll need to paint your popsicle sticks.
We used 7 regular popsicle sticks and painted those black, 4 white mini popsicle sticks and 2 black mini popsicle sticks.
2. Now start gluing your larger popsicle sticks to a small piece of cardstock.
This is so that the craft will be sturdier than if you tried to glue the sticks together from the sides.
You can also hot glue (adults to assist) a large popsicle stick to the back diagonal-wise to keep them all together.
3. Glue all of your large popsicle sticks down.
4. Glue the white craft sticks on top.
Center the white ones as best as possible.
5. Glue on two penguin flippers (2 mini craft sticks painted black).
6. Fold over a piece of orange paper and cut out a triangle for the beak.
Glue the beak on.
7. Glue on two large googly eyes.
8. Glue on two large pom poms for the feet.
You can also make the feet with paper and glue them on.
And now you have your final popsicle stick penguin, isn’t it cute?!
More Winter Crafts for Kids
These handprint penguins are so cute! We love how they double as a keepsake too!
See 15+ penguin crafts for kids too!