All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
With these frigid temperatures we are experiencing we want to keep you and the kids busy this Winter! We have so many fun and easy indoor winter crafts. This handprint penguin is the perfect Winter craft! And we love that our handprint crafts double as keepsakes that you can gift or keep yourself!
If you’re looking for more fun Winter crafts to do with the kids – these Salt Painted Snowflakes are the perfect process art activity! And if you want to make more snowflakes, these Popsicle Stick Snowflakes are fun and easy to make!
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Supplies Needed to Make this Handprint Penguin Craft
– Black cardstock (or black construction paper)
– Orange cardstock or construction paper
– Snowflake stickers or fabric embellishments – these ones are similar to the ones we used
How to Make a Handprint Penguin
1. First cut out some white felt to the size of your paper. Make a wave pattern to make it look like snow on the ground.
2. Now cut out your handprints. Trace both hands or trace the same hand twice and round the bottom of the handprint which will make the top of the penguin head.
3. Decorate your penguins now! We added a round piece of felt for the belly, googly eyes, and cut out a diamond shape and folded that over for the beak.
To make your round felt bellies, simply trace around a round object you have (like a bottle).
Now glue your two handprints to the blue cardstock.
4. Now the final part is to decorate your sky with snowflakes! We added white pom poms and sticker snowflakes to make the final touch with this penguin handprint art!
More Winter Crafts for Kids
If you’re looking for more fun Winter art activities, see these two snowflake crafts!
Salt Painting – this can be done to make any shape but we love the way the snowflakes turn out!
These popsicle stick snowflakes are a lot of fun to decorate! This is a great one to put out supplies and let the kids create their own snowflake!