With Easter just around the corner, this easy bunny craft is the perfect Easter craft to do with kids! Not only will kids have fun making their bunny, but you can also turn it into a card that can be given as an Easter gift. Kids will love putting this cute Easter bunny together. This craft is made even easier with a free printable template!
RELATED: 25+ Easter Crafts for Kids
Bunny Craft for Kids
We love how easy and simple this handmade bunny craft is to make! Even if you’re not crafty, we promise you can make this. You just need to grab a few supplies to make this card. And your kids will love making these fluffy bunny cards for Easter!
We made this craft really simple to make with a free printable bunny template. You can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the bunny template.
Supplies Needed to Make a Bunny Craft Card
– Colored cardstock – we used yellow, pink, and blue
– Pom Poms for the nose – we used yellow, pink and blue
– Pipe Cleaners – we used yellow, pink and blue
– Glue – we like to use this extra strong non-toxic glue which is perfect for kids to use but also works well on pom poms and cotton balls!
– Bunny Template – you can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the bunny template
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps to Make A Bunny Craft Card
1. First print out the bunny template (you can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the bunny template).
You can also free-hand draw the shapes for the cards too.
Cut out the template elements.
For the bunny face, fold your white cardstock in half and then trace the face part of the template so that the card will open up.
2. Trace and cut out the ear templates. Draw around white cardstock for the outer ear and colored cardstock (we used yellow, pink and blue) for the inner ear.
Then glue the inner ear to the outer ear template and glue this to the back of the card.
3. Add some glue around the outer ear and the face and then start adding your cotton balls.
4. Keep adding the cotton balls until you fill the face. Then glue on the googly eyes.
5. Twist three pipe cleaners around each other and glue down for the whiskers.
6. Glue a pom pom on top of the whiskers for the nose.
7. Make the mouth by folding over a pipe cleaner into the shape of the mouth and then gluing it just below the nose.
8. Finally write your Easter message inside. We wrote “Happy Easter!”.
We love how simple these are to make. And it’s easy to cut out the ears and face with our template that you can get emailed to you below! Which color bunny is your favorite?
Sign up for our Newsletter and get this Bunny Template as a thank you!
More of our favorite Easter projects
More Easter Crafts
See 25+ Easter Crafts for Kids – there is something for everyone in this list!
These bunny paper plates are so easy to make!
For another handprint Easter card, see these handprint bunny cards!