Leaf Suncatcher Craft
Fall is the perfect time to brighten up your windows with some beautiful suncatchers. This fall leaf suncatcher craft is so easy to make with our free leaf templates. All you need to do is print the template out and grab some simple supplies to make these beautiful suncatchers!
RELATED: Leaf Templates
Fall Leaf Suncatcher
These suncatchers only require a few materials that you might already have on hand. To make it super easy, we’ve provided these free fall leaf templates! Grab you free leaf templates here.
You can also make this craft without the template and cut out the leaves to whatever size and shape you want. It’s easy to customize this project to make it easier or more challenging for kids.
Supplies Needed To Make Fall Leaf Suncatchers
- Tissue Paper
- Clear Contact Paper or Self-Adhesive Laminating Sheets
- Glue Stick
- Black Construction Paper
Watch the video tutorial here!
Instructions For Making a Fall Leaf Suncatcher Craft
1. First, print the fall leaf templates on white card stock and cut them out. For thicker lines, we traced the templates onto black construction paper and then cut these out.
You will need 2 identical leaf outlines for each suncatcher. Then place one leaf outline onto the sticky side of a piece of contact paper or self-adhesive laminating paper.
2. Cut up your tissue paper into small squares.
Layer the tissue paper squares onto the contact paper or laminating paper. Don’t worry if you go outside of the outline, this will get trimmed off later!
3. Using a glue stick, glue the second leaf outline on top of the tissue paper.
4. Place another piece of clear contact paper or laminating paper on top and press down to smooth out any bubbles. Trim the excess contact paper or laminating paper with scissors.
5. Stick your suncatchers onto a window with double-sided tape and enjoy the beautiful fall colors as the sun shines through the tissue paper!
We love how easy this fall craft is! To make a slightly different spin, use your contact paper to preserve fall leaves you find outside and display them on your window!
More Fall Kids Crafts
Use the same maple leaf template to create some leaf silhouette art! We’ll show you how to use paint, washi tape, yarn and paper to create this art!
If you love this suncatcher idea, see how to make these handprint suncatchers. We love how they have a little heart in between the hands!