All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
We’re having fun heading into fall now and can’t wait to share all the crafts we have planned for this season! Today we’re showing you how to make this adorable handprint tree. I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of handprint tree crafts before, but we love that this one is 3D and stands up and would make a lovely fall décor piece in your office or kitchen window. If you haven’t seen our other fall crafts, be sure to check out our fall potato stamps and fall playdough. These are both fall activities the kids will love!
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Supplies to make a Handprint Tree
Here are the simple supplies you’ll need to make your autumn handprint tree:
– Cardstock – brown, yellow, red and orange
– Paper Towel Roll
– Pinecones and sticks for decoration
Steps to Make Your Fall Handprint Tree
1. First paint your paper plate green and set aside to dry.
2. Cut slits in the bottom of the paper towel roll and tape to your paper plate.
3. Then trace your hand and arm on the brown cardstock so that the “trunk” of the tree is long enough to cover the paper towel roll.
4. Glue your handprint “trunk” to your paper towel roll.
5. Now trace regular handprints with your orange, yellow and red cardstock. You’ll need 5 handprints (1 for each finger) so you can choose which colors gets traced twice. We did orange, red, yellow, orange, and red.
6. Now you can glue your handprints to your tree! Add one to each finger.
7. To cover the tape at the bottom, add some pinecones and sticks for decoration. Glue these down if you want them to be permanent. You may need to use hot glue if you want them to stay permanently. Have adults do this part or use cold hot glue that is rated safe for kids.
We absolutely love the way this turned out! It’s such a fun craft for kids to do too!
For more fun fall crafts, check out our fall potato stamping quick and easy tutorial for making potato stamps!
And if you love homemade playdough, you’ll love these Fall scented homemade playdoughs!
And these handprint flowers are just as much fun to make! Make them red, orange and yellow for fall colors.