With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, this I Love You to Pieces Craft card is perfect to make with the kids! You can even save this idea for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day too! We love the secret hidden window with the heart between the hands and how the pieces form a little suncatcher heart. Loved ones will cherish this card for years to come!
RELATED: Handprint Suncatcher
You only need paper and a few other supplies to make this simple card.
You can even skip the middle part and draw a picture on paper instead for that area if you only have paper available.
I Love You to Pieces Craft
Supplies Needed to Make The Card
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make this I Love You to Pieces Card:
– Pink, Red or Purple Cardstock
– Printable Clear Sticker Paper or Contact Paper
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Directions to Make the I Love You to Pieces Card
1. Fold your paper in half and then trace your handprint so that the thumb and index finger are touching the folded part of your cardstock.
Once you’ve traced the hand, finish off the handprint on the bottom where the wrist of the hand is.
TIP: It’s a lot easier to see how this is done by watching the video above.
2. When you cut out your handprint, it should look like this.
When you cut the inside of the heart, be sure to round the heart out when cutting so that it looks like a heart when you open up the card.
3. Using the inside of the heart from your handprint cutout, trace the size onto Printable Clear Sticker Paper or Contact Paper.
Then when you cut it out, cut it slightly larger so that it will stick to the cardstock.
You’ll need to make 2 clear heart cut-outs (one for the top and one for the bottom).
Then place one heart sticky paper sticky side up on the card.
When you place the card down, the clear sticky paper should be facing up so that you can now start to add tissue paper to this area.
4. Once you’ve filled your heart with tissue paper, add another heart sticky paper on top to seal the tissue paper.
5. Write a message on the handprints. We like “I Love You to Pieces” to go with all of the tissue paper pieces you added inside the heart.
We think this may be one of our favorite handprint cards yet! We hope you enjoy making it!
Try these other handprint crafts:
More Handprint Card and Keepsake Ideas
This butterfly handprint card is adorable for Mother’s Day!
And for a similar handprint cutout, you can turn the whole handprint into a suncatcher!
This bee mine craft is so cute for Valentine’s Day!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *
3 comments on “I Love You To Pieces Craft”
great site……fun with grandkids.
Thank you Fran!
Love the ideas would be great teaching some of our special needs people