With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, this I Love You to Pieces Craft card is perfect to make with the kids! You can even save this idea for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day too! We love the secret hidden window with the heart between the hands and how the pieces form a little suncatcher heart. Loved ones will cherish this card for years to come!
RELATED: Handprint Suncatcher
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
We love all kinds of handprint cards for the holidays. If you are fan of this one you may also like the following:
I Love You to Pieces Craft
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make this I Love You to Pieces Card:
Directions to Make an I Love You to Pieces Card
1. Fold your paper in half and then trace your handprint so that the thumb and index finger are touching the folded part of your cardstock. Once you’ve traced the hand, finish off the handprint on the bottom where the wrist of the hand is.
TIP: It’s a lot easier to see how this is done by watching the video. Scroll back up to see the full video tutorial!
2. When you cut out your handprint, it should look like this. When you cut the inside of the heart, be sure to round the heart out when cutting so that it looks like a heart when you open up the card.
3. Using the inside of the heart from your handprint cutout, trace the size onto your Printable Clear Sticker Paper or Contact Paper. Then when you cut it out, cut it slightly larger so that it will stick to the cardstock.
Make 2 cut-outs (one for the top and one for the bottom). Then place one heart sticky paper sticky side up. Then start adding your tissue paper.
4. Once you’ve filled your heart with tissue paper, add another heart sticky paper on top to seal the tissue paper.
5. Now write your message “I Love You to Pieces” inside!
We think this may be one of our favorite handprint cards yet! We hope you enjoy making it!
See more Valentine Craft Ideas in our 100+ Easy Craft Ideas for Kids page.
More Handprint Card and Keepsake Ideas
This butterfly handprint card is adorable for Mother’s Day!
And for a similar handprint cutout, you can turn the whole handprint into a suncatcher!