Looking for a fun and easy Easter treat to make with the kids? Try this adorable Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treat. Kids will love decorating the rice krispies and making the bunny faces!
RELATED: Rice Krispie Easter Nests
Rice Krispie Easter Bunny Treats
This Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treat is super easy to make! Kids will love helping to decorate these Easter bunnies!
For another fun Easter rice krispie treat, try these Rice Krispie Easter Nests.
And for another fun Easter dessert, make these Cadbury Mini Egg Cupcakes!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies
- 10 oz Package of Marshmallows
- White Candy Melts
- Food Coloring
- Black or Brown Icing
- Bunny Cookie Cutter
Tips for Making these Easter Bunny Rice Krispie Treats
- To freeze the Easter treats, store undecorated treats in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month. Allow the treats to defrost at room temperature before decorating.
- To avoid stale tasting treats, use fresh marshmallows and Rice Krispies cereal.
- In order to prevent the Rice Krispies mixture from sticking to the cookie cutter, spray the cookie cutter with nonstick cooking spray before using.
- Store leftovers in a single layer in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
- When microwaving the candy melts, take this step slow and do smaller time intervals. Mix with a spoon in between melting steps so that you do not overcook the candy melts.
Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treat
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 1 package White Candy Melts
- Food Coloring
- Black Icing
- 1 Bunny Cookie Cutter
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over med to low heat.
- Slowly add your marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies to your melted marshmallow mix and stir until the cereal is coated.
- Press the Rice Krispies into a buttered baking pan or use wax paper.
- Cut your bunny shapes out with a bunny cookie cutter. Depending on your cookie cutter size you should get approximately 8 bunnies.
- Melt your white chocolate or white candy melts according to package instructions. Once you have the desired consistency, spoon your chocolate onto the bunnies and spread evenly. Use food coloring if desired to color the bunnies. We used yellow to make yellow bunnies.
- Use pink food coloring to dye the melted white chocolate light pink for the bunny ears and nose. Then pipe on with a piping bag or use a Ziploc bag with the tip cut off.
- Now draw on the mouth and eyes with the black icing.
These Easter bunny treats are so cute and will probably not last long in your house!