Is there anything better than Cadbury eggs as a treat for Easter? These Cadbury Mini Egg Cupcakes are the perfect treat to make for Easter! They are great for kids because they are mini cupcakes too.
RELATED: Rice Krispie Easter Nests
Cadbury Mini Egg Cupcakes Recipe
Mini eggs are perfect on mini cupcakes because they appear larger on top of them. These are also the perfect size for kids as a treat.
These cupcakes come together quickly with mostly store-bought ingredients. These are easy to make if you’re pressed for time and need to bring a cute treat to an Easter party. Kids will also love to help make these!
See our Rice Krispie Easter Nests for another cute and easy Easter treat.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cadbury Mini Egg Cupcakes
Here is what you will need to make these Easter treats:
- 48 Cadbury mini eggs (or another type of Easter chocolate) plus a few extra to chop up for the cupcake mix
- Note: Cadbury mini eggs are a choking hazard for children under 4. Check your package for age recommendations.
- 1 cupcake mix box (or ingredients to make your favorite cupcake mix)
- Store bought cake mixes will make approximately 60 mini cupcakes. You may have some mix leftover you can use to bake extras with.
- 1 package of icing
- Food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Tips and Variations
Shredded Coconut: For a fun variation, instead of toasting the shredded coconut, put it into a plastic storage bag with some green food coloring and mix. Now top the cupcakes with the shredded green coconut and place the Cadbury mini eggs on top. They end up looking like little bird nest cupcakes!
Homemade vs Store Bought: You can substitute using store bought cupcake mix and icing with your favorite homemade recipes.
Mini Cupcakes vs Regular: If you’d like to create regular cupcakes, most store bought cake boxes will make 12 regular cupcakes. They will also make approximately 60 mini cupcakes. With the leftover mix, you can create extra cupcakes following the same steps.
Note: Cadbury mini eggs are a choking hazard for children under 4. Check your package for age recommendations.
Cadbury Mini Egg Cupcakes
- 1 Mini cupcake baking pan (You can also use a regular cupcake baking pan and make larger cupcakes.)
- 1 Piping Bag (You can also use a plastic storage bag (like Ziploc) to pipe onto the cupcake.)
- 48 Cadbury mini eggs (and extras to chop up)
- 1 Cupcake cake mix box
- 1 Package of icing
- 1 cup Coconut
- Prepare the cupcake mix according to directions. You can also make your own cupcake mix from scratch.
- Chop up some of the cadbury mini eggs.
- Pour cupcake mix into a mini cupcake baking pan with cupcake liners. You can also use a regular cupcake pan but the recipe will make less.
- Add some chopped up cadbury mini eggs on top of the cupcakes (once in the pan) so they do not settle to the bottom of the cupcake if mixed in the mix itself.
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
- Bake coconut in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn halfway through. Toasted coconut makes a crunchy taste on top. You can also opt to leave the coconut plain or use green food coloring to make it green and look like grass.
- With a piping bag, pipe on icing.
- Sprinkle on the coconut and then top with your Cadbury mini eggs!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *
4 comments on “Cadbury Mini Egg Cupcakes”
Cadbury eggs are a huge obsession of mine-no joke! I usually get a few bags just for me at Easter. 🙂 I think these would be a fun way to share *some* of my candies.
We love them too Nikki! I had to buy two bags – one to eat and one to make cupcakes with! 🙂
Yay!!! That’s really cute. I’m soo excited to try this.
Let me know how they turn out Anne!