Toilet Paper Roll Pencil
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
This cute toilet paper roll pencil craft is a fun back to school activity for kids! They would make a fun teacher gift or look great on a desk or in an office!
RELATED: Toilet Paper Roll Crayons
Toilet Paper Roll Pencil Craft
Make these adorable toilet paper roll pencils with our free printable template. Or you can draw and cut out your own design from paper too!
You can even leave the tip off and use them as pencil holders.
My book – Fun and Easy Crafting with Recycled Materials is bursting with toilet paper roll crafts like this one. It has a whole section of toilet paper roll crafts. But not only that, there are other recycled crafts for kids too – egg cartons, cardboard, newspaper, popsicle sticks, jars and more!
I love that kids can choose their favorite color for this craft. Or they can even turn it into a pencil holder by leaving the tip off.
Supplies Needed to Make a Toilet Paper Roll Pencil
– Toilet paper roll
– Cardstock – yellow, pink, black and a cream color for the tip
– Glue stick and hot glue
– Tin foil
– Craft template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post
Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
Steps to Make a Toilet Paper Roll Pencil
1. Start by tracing the template onto colored cardstock. The template has a note on what color to use for each piece.
You can get the free printable template at the bottom of the post.
2. Wrap the yellow rectangle paper around a toilet paper roll and glue together.
Depending on the size of your toilet paper roll, you may need to trim the template slightly.
3. Wrap the smaller pink rectangle around the bottom of the toilet paper roll and glue down.
This pink piece is your eraser on the pencil.
4. Glue the tin foil rectangle piece just above the pink part.
5. Make the circle for the tip by tracing around the circle template on a cream colored cardstock.
Once you have a circle paper shape, make a slit halfway through the circle with scissors.
Then twist the paper around until it forms a cone shape. Trim off the excess paper. Then glue or tape the cone shape together.
You’ll want to measure for size that it fits into the top of the paper roll before gluing or taping the cone shape together.
6. Repeat the same steps for the black pencil tip and glue to the top of the cream cone. You will need to trim the size to make it fit and cut off a lot of the paper to fit.
Alternatively, you can use a black marker to color the top and make the black tip.
7. Glue the pencil tip cone into the toilet paper roll. You may need to use hot glue in order for it to stay (adult supervision).
8. Now you can give your pencil a face!
Glue on googly eyes. You can also draw on some eyes with a black marker.
7. Finally, draw on a smile or a smirk with a black marker.
We love how cute these little paper pencils are! These would look great in an office or in a classroom.
Free Toilet Paper Roll Pencil Template
More Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
See how to make these toilet paper roll crayons too!