Do your kids love dinosaurs? Then try making this easy toilet paper roll dinosaur! This craft is a great way to use recycled paper rolls.
RELATED: Dinosaur Watercolor Art
Toilet Paper Roll Dinosaur Craft
Save your toilet paper rolls to turn into your own dinosaur! Kids can paint or color their dinosaur however they’d like to make this fun 3D craft!
My book – Cut & Color Crafts for Kids: 35 Super Cool Activities That Bring Recycled Materials to Life is bursting with easy crafts and activities like this one. You get all of the templates in the back of the book. You just need to cut, color and create with everyday objects that you have at home!
Supplies Needed to Make a Toilet Paper Roll Dinosaur
- Dinosaur cut-out (from the book Cut & Color Crafts for Kids)
- Coloring supplies, such as markers, paints, colored pencils or crayons
- Optional: thin cardboard (from a cereal box or snack box)
- Glue stick
- Paint – any color of paint to paint the dinosaur paper roll legs
- 1 paper roll
Watch the Video Tutorial
Steps to Make a Toilet Paper Roll Dinosaur
1. Cut out and color the dinosaur cut-out from Cut & Color Crafts for Kids.
This sample project was painted.
If you do not have the book template, kids can also draw their own dinosaurs.
2. Optional: Glue the dinosaur to thin cardboard and cut it out. This is to make it a bit more sturdy.
It will stand up better with the cardboard.
3. Cut a toilet paper roll in half. Paint the paper roll halves.
4. Cut 2 small slits in the top of each toilet paper roll.
5. Insert the dinosaur cutout into the slits so that it sits on top of the paper rolls.
This paper roll dinosaur turns out so cute and fun! Kids can play with their dinosaur after they are done making it.
For more recycled craft ideas for kids – see both of my recycled craft for kids books!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *