Here’s a fun and simple puffer fish craft you can make with kids! You only need some paint, googly eyes, paper, and a paper roll to make this easy craft.
RELATED: Rainbow Fish Craft
Puffer Fish Craft for Kids
If you love recycled crafts – be sure to check out both of my recycled crafts for kids books! They include a whole chapter with paper roll ideas like this one.
We love this puffer fish craft because it only requires a few supplies. And if you don’t have googly eyes you can draw your own on white paper.
You can also create this using a fork to paint instead of the paper roll.
Supplies Needed To Make a Puffer Fish
– Colored cardstock – we used white, black and and different colors for the fins to match the paint
– Paper Rolls
– Black Marker
Watch the Video Tutorial Here
How to Make a Paper Roll Stamped Puffer Fish
1. Start by cutting slits on one end of the paper roll all the way around.
2. Add some paint into a paper plate or dish. Then stamp the paper roll into the paint.
3. Stamp the paper roll onto your white cardstock.
4. Keep stamping until you fill the page with a circle shape. You should have a lot of lines from the paper roll around the edge of the circle.
If you don’t have these lines, stamp around the edge with the paper roll to add more.
5. Cut out one fin and then use this to cut out another the same size and shape. Glue these to the side of the puffer fish.
6. Add some lines to the fins with a black marker.
7. Cut out a black circle shape for the mouth. You can trace around something circle-shaped, like a glue stick. Glue to the puffer fish.
8. Glue on the googly eyes.
If you don’t have googly eyes, you can also make your own eyes with white paper and a black marker.
This paper roll puffer fish craft is fun to make for an under the sea theme, beach theme or just a cute craft for summer!
Kids will love to stamp the paper roll onto the paper to make their own puffer fish.
Be sure to also check out both of my recycled crafts for kids books! They include a whole chapter with paper roll ideas like this one.
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *