Pom Pom Flower Craft
We love using pom poms for crafts of all kinds. They are so cheerful and instantly make any project so colorful and cute! This pom pom flower craft is a perfect way to bring some spring cheer into your home! Add a photo of your child to the center and stick them on the fridge or give them away for Easter or Mother’s Day!
RELATED: Mother’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
Pom Pom Flower Craft
This craft is easy enough for preschoolers to help with. They will love putting the pom poms on these adorable flowers. Kids will love gluing on the pom poms and it is great fine motor practice too!
See more of our favorite Mother’s Day Craft videos here:
You can make this as a craft keepsake or you can add a magnet to the back of these pom pom flowers to jazz up your fridge for spring! It’s the perfect way to display those school photos.
Supplies needed to make a Pom Pom Flower Magnet
Here are the supplies you will need to make this pom pom craft:
- Pom Poms
- White Glue – we like this brand because it’s stronger and easier for gluing pom poms which can be tricky
- Popsicle Sticks
- Green Paint
- Adhesive Magnets
Directions to make Pom Pom Flower Magnets
1. Begin by tracing a flower shape onto a thin piece of cardboard. We used an old cereal box for this and it worked great. Trace around a lid to make a circle shape and then trace around a smaller lid for the petals.
2. Cut out a smaller circle shape out of the center of the cardboard flower. Adults may need to help with this part. You can slightly bend the cardboard to cut inside and then cut around the circle.
3. Glue pom poms onto the cardboard until all of the empty spaces are filled.
4. Paint a popsicle stick green.
5. Glue the popsicle stick onto the base of the flower and add green pom poms for leaves.
6. Glue or tape a photo onto the backside of the flower.
7. Attach a magnet to the back of the flower. We like the adhesive magnets since you can peel and stick.
These flowers would make excellent gifts and kids can be so proud that they helped make them! Customize the colors of the pom poms to make them multicolored or monochromatic.
Mix up your pom pom colors or keep them all one color. Kids will love making their very own pom pom flower! We hope you enjoy making this easy pom pom flower craft for Spring or Mother’s Day!
For more Mother’s Day craft ideas, also see some of these other craft ideas:
Flower Craft Ideas
Here are a few more of our favorite Flower Craft Ideas.
This flower template is easy to print off and turn into a lovely keepsake gift for Mom on Mother’s Day!
These paper roll flowers are such an easy craft for Spring! You can make a bunch and put them on display to brighten up a window sill.
You can even make a handprint flower bouquet! These look so lovely placed in mason jars.