Pasta Easter Eggs
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Did you ever make ornaments with macaroni or pasta noodles as a kid? I remember doing a craft for Christmas with macaroni noodles and loved making my own designs. We were inspired by those classic crafts to turn it into an Easter activity. The best part is that kids can easily make these pasta Easter eggs on their own. Just set out the supplies and let them decorate their Easter eggs!
RELATED: 25+ Easter Crafts for Kids
Pasta Easter Eggs Craft
You can make any design on your Easter eggs! You can even decorate other Easter shapes. To make different shapes, grab some Easter cookie cutters and trace around them to make shapes like flowers or a bunny.
Supplies Needed to Make Pasta Easter Eggs
– Cereal Box or similar cardboard
– Extra Strong Non-toxic glue – we like this brand and it works perfectly for gluing pasta noodles. Or hot glue (adults only) works well.
– Easter egg template – get the template by subscribing to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the egg template
If you don’t want to paint all of the noodles different colors, have the kids glue on the pasta noodles and then spray paint all of the Easter eggs when you are done. You an also have the kids just glue on the noodles and paint the whole thing when the noodles dry.
Alternatively, if you want to paint the noodles in advance for kids, we like to put a bunch of noodles in a bag and squirt the paint into the bag. Then squish the bag to evenly distribute the paint. Once the paint has covered the noodles, take it out of the bag, separate them, and lay flat to dry on some wax paper.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Directions to Make Pasta Noodle Easter Eggs
1. First you’ll need to paint your pasta noodles. We like to do this the easy way by placing the noodles in a bag and squirting some paint into them. If you don’t want to paint the noodles ahead of time, you can also have kids glue on the pasta noodles first and then paint the whole Easter eggs. You can also spray paint them (adults only).
2. Allow the noodles to dry on some wax paper. Spread them out as best as you can so they do not stick together.
3. Cut out the Easter eggs by tracing around the template on some thin cardboard. Cereal boxes or granola snack boxes work great for these!
You can grab the free template by subscribing to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the template.
4. Cut out your Easter egg templates and paint them. We painted some solid colors and some with blocks of different colors.
5. Now you can start gluing on your different pasta noodle designs! We like this brand and it works perfectly for gluing pasta noodles for kids. Hot glue will always well too but we recommend adults handle the hot glue.
6. Finally, you can hole punch the tops of your eggs and hang them on an Easter tree! These would also make great decoration for an Easter table or posted on an Easter bulletin board.
Sign up for our Newsletter and Get this Easter Egg Template as a Thank You!
If you are having trouble getting the email confirmation, make sure you check all folders as it can sometimes land in the promotion and junk folders.
More Easter Crafts
See 25+ Easter Crafts for Kids – there is something for everyone in this list!
These bunny paper plates are so easy to make!
For another handprint Easter card, see these handprint bunny cards!