Turn a handprint into a cute Monkey Handprint card! This would be perfect for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, a birthday or even to send as a thank you card. You only need a few supplies to make these cards.
RELATED: Fish Handprint
Monkey Handprint Card
This monkey handprint craft is so easy and fun to make! Kids can add a personal message inside and give it to someone they love on for a holiday or just to say “I’m thinking of you”.
If you want to make a set of handprint cards – check out our handprint card kit.
You can write a number of cute sayings inside the card.
Check out these cute monkey message ideas!
- I’m bananas over you!
- Thumb body loves you!
- This little monkey wants to say, Have a Happy Father’s Day!
You can also make up your own saying or message to put inside.
You only need a few supplies to make this easy monkey card! If you don’t have brown cardstock you can also paint a handprint and make it on white paper.
If you don’t have googly eyes you can cut out white paper and then use a marker for a dot in the center. You can also have kids draw or color on the pink cheeks if you would rather not use paint.
Supplies Needed To Make Monkey Handprint Cards
- Cardstock – brown and tan
- Small googly eyes
- Green pipe cleaner
- Pink paint
- Black marker
- Craft template – you can get a template for the monkey head and ears at the bottom of the post
- Glue – We like to use this glue for gluing on googly eyes which tend to be a little harder to glue. You can also use hot glue (with adult supervision or help).
Watch the Video Tutorial!
Directions to Make a Monkey Handprint
1. Start by tracing the hand on a folded piece of brown cardstock. Line up the edge of the hand with the fold so that the folded edge runs along the pinky.
Cut out the handprint. It should now open up like a card.
3. Use the craft template (you can get the template at the bottom of the post) to trace and cut out the monkey head from brown cardstock.
Cut out the face template out of tan paper and glue it onto the head.
4. Use the monkey ear template to trace around brown cardstock for the outside ear shape and tan cardstock for the inside ear shape. Cut out the pieces and glue them together.
Glue the monkey ears to the back of the monkey head piece.
5. With a black marker, add 2 small dots on the face for the nose and draw on the mouth.
6. Dip the end of a paintbrush in pink paint and make 2 small dots for the cheeks.
7. Glue 2 googly eyes above the nose and mouth. You can also cut out your own eyes from white paper.
Glue the head onto the thumb, with the fingers of the handprint facing up.
8. Cut out the tail and glue it to the back of the card, near the bottom.
9. Open the card and glue a green pipe cleaner onto the tips of the fingers.
10. Now your card is finished and you can write your favorite message inside!
This card is perfect to give for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, a birthday or even Valentine’s Day!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *
1 thought on “Monkey Handprint”
Monkey and Polar Bear Handprint are so cute!