These fish handprint cards are too cute! We love that these are made from your child’s handprint too. And how about the saying “Hooked on Daddy”? This would make such a perfect gift for the fishing father in your family. Or even if the dad doesn’t like to fish, it’s still an adorable Father’s Day card idea.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
The best part about this craft is it’s handmade with love and comes with an adorable keepsake of your child’s handprint. These would make perfect cards to make in preschool or a daycare for Father’s Day.
There is a really cute poem you can add to it also (print off and add an insert card or hand write and include):
This is a catch you’ll want to treasure,
My love for you has no measure
I made this from my hand to say,
I hope you have a Happy Father’s Day!
Author: K.M, thebestideasforkids.com
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make these fish handprint cards:
- Colored Cardstock – blue, white and orange
- Small Googly Eyes
- Black Fine Sharpie
- Pom Poms or Felt to add as decoration – you can decorate the butterflies however you see fit! Use glitter, stickers, paint, the sky is the limit!
- Popsicle Stick
Steps to make this Fish Handprint Card
1. First cut out your blue cardstock to make a water background like the below:
2. Then take your orange cardstock and fold it over.
3. Then trace your child’s hand so it looks like the below (with the wrist part by the folded paper).
4. Cut out your handprint. Now add your googly eyes and draw on a mouth.
5. Now make your fishing rod! Get your popsicle stick and tie a small string around it. Glue your stick to the top of your card and glue the bottom of the string inside the handprint card (inside the mouth of the fish).
6. Add some white pom poms to make it look like bubbles in the water.
7. Now write your messages! Add the poem to the back of the card, add Happy Father’s Day inside and write Hooked on Daddy on the top.
8. Now you have your finished card! Cute, isn’t it?
Hope you enjoy making this one!
Looking for another cute Father’s Day craft? Try these butterfly handprint cards!
These Footprint Butterfly Keychains are also adorable and would make such a nice gift for Dad!
These handprint salt dough keepsakes are also an adorable craft to give as a gift!
These toilet paper roll flowers are really easy to make and a perfect craft for Spring!