If you love handprint crafts we have the perfect ones for Father’s Day! This Father’s Day handprint craft is the cutest handmade card for kids to make. It’s easy to put together with our moustache and bow tie template too. Kids will love tracing their hand to make the cards. And Dad will surely love to receive such a special handmade card!
RELATED: Father’s Day Crafts for Kids
Father’s Day Handprint Craft
We’ll show you how to make these easy Father’s day handprint cards. They each open up to become a card so you can write inside. Write a special Father’s Day note or simply put “Happy Father’s Day” inside. You only need a few supplies to make these and the kids will love getting their hands traced!
Here are the Supplies You’ll Need to Make These Father’s Day Handprint Cards
- Colored cardstock for the bow tie and this set also includes white and black for the card and the moustache
- Acrylic paint for the face and hair
- This set comes with a variety of colors for the hair and skin tones
- Googly eyes
- Black sharpie or marker
- Moustache and Bow Tie Template – You can grab the free printable template as a free gift to our subscribers by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the template.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps to Make These Fathers Day Handprint Cards
1. Fold a piece of cardstock in half. Trace the handprint so the pinky is at the folded part.
The card should open like this:
2. Paint the center with the color for the face and let it dry. Then paint the hair (the fingers on the card).
3. Trace and cut out the moustache and bow tie templates. You can also draw these yourself.
*You can grab the free printable template as a free gift to our subscribers by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the template.
4. Glue on small googly eyes, the moustache and the bow tie. Add two black outlines with a sharpie or black marker to the center of the bow tie to make it pop more.
Now your card is done and you can write your message inside!
We absolutely love how cute and easy this Father’s Day handprint craft is!
Sign up for our Newsletter and get this Father’s Day card template as a thank you!
More Father’s Day Crafts
See 10+ of our the best Father’s Day Crafts for Kids.