For a fun and easy spring craft for kids this toilet paper roll ladybug craft is a simple and cute activity. And these ladybugs are easy to make with our free printable template you can get at the bottom of the post!
RELATED: Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly
Ladybug Toilet Paper Roll Craft for Kids
There are so many different crafts that you can make with toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls, save them for a rainy day and make a collection of adorable bugs!
We have all of these spring paper roll crafts you can try:
And if you want more paper roll recycled ideas to make at home, see our craft books that have a whole chapter on paper rolls!
Supplies Needed To Make Toilet Paper Roll Ladybugs
– Toilet paper rolls or paper towel roll cut in half
– Black marker
– Small googly eyes
– Black pipe cleaner
– Small black pom poms
–Wing template – see the bottom of the post for the wing template
– Glue – we like this glue for pom poms and pipe cleaners. Hot glue always works best but please supervise during use.
Watch the Video Tutorial Here
How To Make A Toilet Paper Roll Ladybug
1. Cut a rectangular piece of black cardstock to fit around the paper roll. Overlap the edges of the paper slightly and glue or tape along the seam.
2. Glue the googly eyes to the top of the paper roll.
3. Draw a smile on with a black marker. You won’t be able to see the smile very well so you can skip this step or use a white crayon or chalk marker.
4. Cut the pipe cleaner into small pieces. Make a v shape out of black pipe cleaner.
5. Glue the pom poms on. Glue to the inside front of the paper roll.
6. Cut out the wings by tracing around red cardstock with our circle wing template. Then cut the wing into two pieces. You can get the template at the bottom of the post.
7. Cut out 6 of the ladybug dots by tracing around black cardstock. Glue the dots onto the wings. Trim around the wing with scissors if desired.
8. Glue the wings to the back of the paper roll.
Now your toilet paper roll ladybug is done. We love how easy this craft is to make!
For more paper roll crafts, see my books. Each book has a whole chapter of paper roll crafts!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *