For an easy, mess-free craft idea, try making this frog folding surprise craft! You can also turn this into a card and write a special message inside the surprise area!
RELATED: Frog Handprint
Frog Folding Surprise Craft
Surprise friends and family with this frog craft. It looks like a frog at first, but then its mouth opens up to reveal a 3D tongue! You could even write a personalized message inside if you wanted to turn it into a card!
We made this craft really simple by including a free template to make it. You can get the template at the bottom of the post on the form with the preview of the template.
Supplies Needed To Make A Frog Folding Surprise
- White Cardstock or paper
- Glue – Regular glue or a glue stick
- Red Cardstock or construction paper
- Markers, Crayons, Pencil Crayons or Paint to color
- Frog Surprise Template – you can get the FREE template at the bottom of the post on the form with the preview of the template.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps To Make A Frog Folding Surprise
1. Print off the free template (you can get the template at the bottom of the post on the form with the preview of the template). You can use regular paper or for a thicker card use white cardstock.
2. Color the body of the frog green and the inside of the mouth red. You can use markers, paint, pencil crayons or crayons.
3. How to fold the paper:
First, fold the top of the paper all the way down.
Then, fold the top piece of paper back up so that now you should only see the frog with the mouth closed. The mouth should be lined up like this:
The second fold should be the opposite way as the first fold, like an accordion.
4. Cut out a small strip of red cardstock. Wrap the end of the strip around a pencil to make the paper curl.
Glue inside the frog’s mouth. You can also draw the tongue on with a black marker and color around it.
Add a message inside the area where the mouth is if you want to add a surprise message.
Now your special surprise frog is finished and ready to show off to a friend or family member!
Or, give it as a card with a special surprise message inside!
Get the Free Printable Template Here
More Frog Crafts
Make this cute frog handprint craft too!
Or make a toilet paper roll frog!