Looking for a patriotic popsicle or fun frozen treat to make for the 4th of July? Whether you want to celebrate the 4th of July or are just looking for a frozen dessert, this red, white and blue popsicle is the perfect summer treat!
RELATED: Ice Cream in a Bag
Red, White and Blue Popsicle Recipe
If you’re looking for a more healthy alternative for a frozen treat this summer – then this popsicle recipe is perfect! It has all natural ingredients – you only need fruit, yogurt and honey. Kids will love that the colors are red, white and blue too!
Ingredients Needed to Make Patriotic Popsicles
Here is what you will need:
- Fruit – blueberries and strawberries
- Plain Yogurt
- Popsicle Mold (we used a mold that made 10 popsicles)
Can I use another kind of yogurt?
Yes! If you use vanilla yogurt you can skip adding the honey. You can also use Greek yogurt.
How many popsicles does this make?
For a standard popsicle size mold, we were able to make 10 popsicles. If your mold has thicker popsicles you may only be able to make 6.
How long does it take to freeze?
Once each layer is added, allow 6 hours or leave overnight to harden completely.
How to Make Red, White and Blue Popsicles
Red, White and Blue Popsicle
- Food processor
- Popsicle Mold
- Popsicle Sticks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1-2 drops blue food coloring optional
- 2 cups plain yogurt You can also use vanilla yogurt, just omit the honey. You can also use Greek yogurt.
- 3 tbsp honey Honey should not be given to babies under 1.
- 2 cups strawberries
- In a small food processor, pulse the blueberries. If they come out really purple you can add 1-2 drops of blue food coloring to the puree (optional).
- Place 2 tbsp of the blueberry puree into the bottom of each mold. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until solid.
- Next, place the yogurt into a small bowl and add the honey. Mix well.
- Add about 2 tbsp of yogurt into the mold (on top of the blueberry) and place back in the freezer for 30 minutes or solid.
- Add the strawberries into the food processor and pulse.
- Add 2 tbsp of the strawberry puree on top of the yogurt. Add the popsicle sticks into the center and freeze for 30 minutes or until solid.
- Repeat steps until you are out of ingredients and you fill your mold. Note: if you have larger molds you may not be able to make as many popsicles.
We hope you love this easy popsicle recipe! It’s a great alternative to the store-bought kind and will bring a festive touch to your 4th of July or summer barbecue party!
For another fun frozen treat, try our ice cream in a bag recipe!