Winter Animal Handprints
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
We’re wrapping up our final Winter crafts for the year with these Winter animal handprints. You can make these on their own or you can turn them into cards. Make a card just to give to a friend or relative (who doesn’t love to receive a handmade card?). Or make some for a birthday party or as a birthday card!
Have fun creating these little Winter animal handprints and then make some matching Winter animal paper rolls to go with them too!
RELATED: Handprint Penguins
Winter Handprint Animal Cards
Turn any handprint animal into a card! We made these three animals for Winter but you can do other animals that are not Winter-themed. Make the fox orange and make the owl for Fall instead too.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make these handprint animals:
We like to use this glue for gluing on googly eyes, feathers and pom poms which tend to be a little harder to glue.
To Make the Handprint Cards
To make your cards, first fold over a piece of cardstock and then trace the handprint so that the pinky is on the folded part of the paper:
Cut out your cards – one in white for the fox, black for the penguin and brown for the owl:
Now you can decorate your cards and turn them into each animal!
Owl Handprint Card
1. Fold over brown cardstock and trace the handprint so it opens at the pinky.
2. Glue on the googly eyes and the beak. Make the beak by folding over a small piece of orange cardstock and then cutting out a triangle.
3. To make the ears: glue two triangles to the back of the top of the head.
4. Glue two feathers to the side.
Penguin Handprint Card
1. Fold over black cardstock and trace the handprint so it opens at the pinky.
2. Glue on the googly eyes and beak. Make the beak by folding over a small piece of orange cardstock and then cutting out a triangle.
3. Cut out a large circle from white felt and glue down.
Fox Handprint Card
1. Fold over white cardstock and trace the handprint so it opens at the pinky.
2. Draw out your fox head and cut it out.
3. Cut out two small felt triangles for the ears and glue to the inside of the ears.
4. Add two pieces of white felt to the bottom side of the fox. Then you can trim with scissors to fit the head size.
5. Glue on two small googly eyes.
6. Add a black pom pom nose.
7. Glue the head to the handprint.
8. Add white felt for the belly. Round the top and then trim around the other side of the handprint with scissors to fit it to size.
9. Add a white feather for the tail.
Don’t forget to write your special message inside and add the date to the back! The date just helps you remember how old the kids were when they made them.
More Winter Crafts for Kids
See these Winter animal toilet paper rolls. These are really fun to make!
These footprint penguins are fun to make if your kids like to get their feet messy!
More penguin craft ideas – lots of fun Winter crafts here!
Pin this for later!