Valentine Cards to Make
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
We’re sharing 4 easy Valentine cards to make this year. Each card uses recycled materials so you can easily make these with things you already have around the house!
RELATED: Fingerprint Valentine’s Day Cards
DIY Valentine Cards to Make
You can easily make your own Valentine’s day cards with kids using things you can find around your home! Save a few recycled materials to make these beautiful DIY Valentine’s day cards.
You can use newspaper, paper rolls, bubble wrap or cardboard. Make one or make all four of them!
Supplies Needed To Make DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
You only need a handful of supplies to make this craft! We love that it uses recycled materials too. And if you love crafting with recycled materials, see our book which is filled with a whole chapter of paper roll crafts.
– Paint – red or pink paint. We like to use acrylic paint.
– Recycled Materials – we used newspaper, paper rolls, bubble wrap and cardboard
– Heart Templates – you can get them at the bottom of the post
What type of glue should I use? For newspaper we like to use gluesticks since liquid glue can make the newspaper bubble when wet. For bubble wrap or cardboard, hot glue will work best but if you prefer not to use hot glue you can use glue dots.
Watch the full tutorial video here!
How to Make DIY Valentine Cards
We’ll show you how to make these 4 easy recycled Valentine cards.
First, take a piece of cardstock and fold it in half to make your card.
If you’d like to fit your card into an envelope, you may need to trim the card down to fit inside.
Newspaper Heart Card
1. Paint two pieces of newspaper. Paint one red and one pink.
Once dry, using the heart templates (you can get the templates at the bottom of the post), cut out two small pink hearts and one large red heart.
2. Glue the hearts to the front of your card using a gluestick.
Paper Roll Printed Heart Card
1. Take a paper roll and fold it into the shape of a heart. Once folded, it should stay in place. If you find the paper roll starting to unbend you can use an elastic to keep it in place.
2. Stamp the paper roll into red or pink acrylic paint and then stamp onto your white cardstock to make heart shapes.
3. Keep stamping hearts, having some come off the page until the card is filled with hearts.
Bubble Wrap Printed Heart Card
1. Using the large heart template, trace around bubble wrap and cut out the bubble wrap heart.
2. Paint the bubble wrap heart.
3. Press the painted heart onto your cardstock card. Make sure to press along all of the edges to transfer the bubble wrap design.
If you find it has not transferred enough paint, repaint and carefully stamp into the same spot.
Alternatively, you can glue the bubble wrap heart to the card and paint the bubble wrap instead.
Cardboard Heart Card
1. Using the heart templates (you can get the templates at the bottom of the post), trace around the template on cardboard. You can use shipping box cardboard or cardboard from cereal or food boxes.
2. Paint your cardboard hearts and then glue the small one on top of the large one.
3. Glue them both to the card.
We love how easy these 4 cards are to make! Which one is your favorite?
Get the HEART TEMPLATES HERE.
More Valentine Crafts for Kids
This love bug ladybug craft is another easy and fun Valentine’s day craft!
See how to make these salt dough hearts. These would make great gifts for Valentine’s Day!