Valentine Ladybug Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
This Valentine ladybug craft is the cutest love bug craft for kids! You can even turn this into a card and write a message on the back. These would be great to give to friends and family or to put on a bulletin board in a classroom!
RELATED: Bee Mine Craft
Ladybug Valentine Craft
This adorable ladybug Valentine craft is really easy to make for Valentine’s Day! You can use our free printable template to cut out all of the shapes, or you can make your own!
If you’re a teacher, these are great to make as a classroom and place on a bulletin board!
Supplies Needed To Make A Paper Valentine Ladybug Craft
You only need a handful of supplies to make this craft. We’ve made it simple by providing a free printable template, but you can also cut out your own shapes by hand if you prefer.
- Cardstock – Black, Red and White
- Photo – you want a photo where nothing is in front of the face (like hair or hands) and big enough to fit on top of the ladybug body. You can print on cardstock or photo paper if needed.
- Free Printable Template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template
What kind of glue should I use? Since this is all paper, we like to use glue sticks. But white or school glue will work well too.
Watch the full tutorial video here!
Directions For How To Make A Valentine Paper Ladybug
1. First print off the template or draw your own shapes.
Trace around the large heart on red cardstock for the wings.
Trace around the circle on red cardstock for the body.
Trace around the two rectangles on black cardstock. Make 6 of the larger one for the legs and 2 of the smaller one for the antennae.
Trace around the small heart on white cardstock for the top of the antennae. Make 2 small white hearts.
Then make 4 black hearts for the body and 6 white hearts for the legs.
2. Glue the 2 red hearts to the antennae strips.
3. Accordion fold the 6 legs.
4. Glue a white heart to the end of each leg.
5. Glue the legs to the body. Then glue the 4 black hearts to the body.
6. Glue the head to the body.
Then glue each antenna behind the head.
7. Finally, glue the two heart wings to the back of the body.
Now your adorable love bug ladybug Valentine is complete!
To get the template, subscribe below and it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift. Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More Valentine Crafts for Kids
See this Bee Mine craft you can also turn into a card!
See how to make these salt dough hearts. These would make great gifts for Valentine’s Day!