Are you looking for some fun and entertaining New Year’s Eve Ideas for Kids? Spending your New Year’s Eve with kids can be a lot of fun. And kids will especially love helping to count down to the New Year (even if it’s earlier in the evening)!
RELATED: New Years Bingo
We’re sharing more than 15 of our favorite New Year’s Eve Ideas for Kids. These are simple and fun activities to do with kids on New Year’s Eve!
15+ New Year’s Eve Ideas for Kids
Play BINGO – this printable includes 10 Bingo cards and 30 calling cards.
2. Gold Slime
Make some glittery gold slime on New Year’s Eve!
3. Fireworks in a Jar – this is a fun science experiment for kids to do on New Year’s Eve!
5. Make Salt Painted Fireworks – you can do these on black paper with different colors too!
6. New Years Eve Coloring Pages.
Print off these free printable New Years coloring pages! Kids will love coloring these on New Years Eve.
7. Make toilet paper roll fireworks.
These toilet paper roll fireworks are a lot of fun for kids! Choose any colors and add glitter on top before the paint dries. You can even do it on black paper to make the colors pop more.
8. Make a Paper Plate Noise Maker Craft.
This Paper Plate noise maker craft is so easy to make and looks so pretty and fun! Your kids can not only help make them, but it will give them something to shake for the countdown!
This is a another really fun craft idea. Make this fun clock you can hang on the wall and change the time. Make a game out of it and have something fun to do at each new hour!
Have kids POP each balloon as the time passes. You can hide games or activity ideas in each balloon too. This also doubles as a really fun decoration or center piece in the room for a New Year’s Eve party.
12. Play Would You Rather. Grab these Would You Rather Questions for Kids cards. Get over 100 cards you can turn into a fun New Year’s Eve game!
Kids love glow sticks and this would be a really fun way to ring in the New Year. Turn the lights off, keep the TV on with the countdown and put on some music.
14. Make your own Confetti Poppers. These DIY confetti poppers look like so much fun to make!
15. Build a snow fort, go ice skating, watch your local fireworks or watch some kid New Years movies like this Winnie the Pooh movie.
16. Count down early with the kids – YouTube and Netflix have countdowns for kids. Choose one and pretend to count down the New Year at an earlier time for the kids!
We hope you have fun with these activities and have a Happy New Year!
If you need more indoor activity ideas for kids – see our list of over 100+ indoor activities for kids!