This mistletoes footprint art is one of the cutest Christmas keepsakes! This is the perfect gift to give to someone you love this Christmas. You can even frame it. It’s easy to make with our free printable too!
RELATED: Christmas Handprint Art
Mistletoes Footprint Craft
Grab our free printable template and a few other supplies to make this simple footprint Christmas craft!
You can even frame this printable to keep every year for Christmas decoration!
Supplies To Make a Mistletoes Footprint Craft
You only need a few supplies to make this keepsake:
– Green Acrylic paint – We like acrylic paint better than washable since it goes on thicker and brighter. Just make sure to wash feet right away and you shouldn’t have a problem getting it off. If you’re just doing the footprints for fun, washable works great! If you want them to be a keepsake we recommend acrylic paint. You can get a whole set of colors here.
– White cardstock – print on white cardstock which is sturdier than regular paper or construction paper
– Printable Template – grab the free printable template at the bottom of the post (on the form with the preview of the template)
Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
How to Make the Mistletoes Footprints
1. Print off the mistletoes printable.
Grab the free printable at the bottom of the post, on the form with the preview of the template.
2. Start by painting one foot with green paint.
Press firmly on the paper on the left side of the paper, with the heel touching the leaves of the mistletoe. Repeat one more time with the other foot, overlapping the heels slightly.
Don’t worry if when you press the footprint down it doesn’t transfer all of the paint on. You can touch up some spots with a paintbrush.
– Don’t worry if when you press the footprint down it doesn’t transfer all of the paint on. You can touch up some spots with a paintbrush.
– Try to add as much paint onto the foot before pressing down.
– Make sure the foot is flat when you press down on the paper and all toes are touching the paper.
– Lift the foot up gently after pressing.
– Wash feet immediately for easy clean-up. I like to keep a small bowl with dish soap and water in it nearby to wash off the feet with a washcloth when done.
3. Glue a bow to the top of the printable.
Attach the bow on top of the mistletoe using glue.
As a finishing touch, add the date and a name with a black marker to personalize it. Frame the art to give as a gift this Christmas!
We hope you have fun giving this Christmas craft a try!
Make sure you review the Print Preview before printing. Every printer is different so make sure you select “Print to Fit to Size” or look at the printer Scale Features (you can print at 90% scale) in your printer settings so that it does not print cut off if you are having issues.
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *
1 thought on “Mistletoes Footprint”
I have used a lot of your ideas crafting with my daycare kids, thank you!