Turn a handprint into a cute Ladybug Handprint card! This is perfect for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or as a birthday card. You only need a few supplies to make these cards.
RELATED: Bee Handprint
Ladybug Handprint Card
This ladybug handprint craft is so easy and fun to make! Kids can add a personal message inside and give it to someone they love on Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or as a birthday card.
If you want to make a set of handprint cards – check out our handprint card kit.
You can write a number of cute sayings inside the cards. Check out these cute ladybug message ideas!
- From your Love bug!
- Thumb body loves you!
- This Love bug wants to say, Have a Happy Mother’s Day!
You can also make up your own saying or message to put inside.
You only need a few supplies to make this easy lady bug card! If you don’t have red and black cardstock you can also paint a handprint and make it on white paper.
If you don’t have googly eyes you can paint on the eyes with white paint and then use a marker for a dot in the center. You can also have kids draw or color on the black dots on the wings.
Supplies Needed To Make Ladybug Handprint Cards
- Cardstock – red and black
- Small googly eyes
- Black pipe cleaner
- Small black pom poms (0.6 mm size)
- Craft template – you can get a template for the ladybug head and dots on the bottom of the post
We like to use this glue for gluing on googly eyes which tend to be a little harder to glue. You can also use hot glue (with adult supervision or help).
Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
Directions to Make a Ladybug Handprint
1. Start by tracing the hand on a folded piece of red cardstock. Line up the edge of the hand with the fold so that the folded edge runs along the pinky.
Cut out the handprint. It should now open up like a card.
2. Cut out a thin strip of black cardstock. Glue it in the middle of the middle finger all the way to the end of the handprint. Trim off any extra after gluing.
3. Use the craft template (you can get it at the bottom of the post) to trace and cut out 6 small black dots. Glue them to the front of the handprint.
Kids can also paint or color on the dots with markers.
Trim the top 2 dots but leave the rest hanging over the handprint.
4. Use the craft template (you can get it at the bottom of the post) to trace and cut out the ladybug head. Glue Glue it to the back of the handprint card.
5. Fold a small piece of black pipe cleaner into a V shape to make the antennae. You can also cut out 2 strips of black paper for the antennae instead.
6. Glue 2 small pom poms to the ends of the pipe cleaner. If you used paper instead, glue 2 small paper dots to the ends.
7. Glue the antennae to the back of the ladybug head. Then glue on 2 googly eyes.
8. Now your card is finished and you can write your favorite message inside!
Grab the free template to make this craft below!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *