Looking for an easy thankful craft for kids? This toilet paper roll turkey craft is great for kids of all ages to create! There is a free printable template available for you to make it.
RELATED: Turkey Template Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft
My book – Fun and Easy Crafting with Recycled Materials is bursting with toilet paper roll crafts like this one. We have a whole section of toilet paper roll crafts. But not only that, there are other recycled crafts for kids too – egg cartons, cardboard, newspaper, popsicle sticks, jars and more!
You can make this Thankful Turkey craft with our turkey feather templates or you can draw your own turkey feathers.
Another option is you can add craft feathers to the back of the paper roll too. See our paper bag turkey craft using craft feathers.
Try also making this turkey handprint craft.
Watch The Video Tutorial
Supplies Needed To Make A Thankful Turkey
- Toilet Paper Rolls or Paper Towel Rolls (cut down to size)
- Brown Paint
- Small Googly Eyes
- Cardstock – yellow, orange and red
- Black Marker
- Feather Template – get one of our free printable turkey feather templates
Steps To Make A Toilet Paper Roll Turkey
1. Paint the toilet paper roll with brown paint.
2. Use the turkey feather template to cut out feathers for your turkey.
We cut out 5 feathers, but you can add more if you would like!
We used red, yellow and orange cardstock.
3. Have kids write things they are grateful for on each feather using a black marker.
4. Add the googly eyes onto the paper roll using glue.
Then cut out a small triangular beak and feet using the orange cardstock. To make the beak, fold over a piece of paper and cut out a triangle.
Attach the beak and the feet to the painted toilet paper roll.
5. Attach the feathers to the back of the toilet paper roll turkey.
You can keep adding thankful turkey feathers onto your turkey during the Thanksgiving season. This is a great keepsake craft to pull out every year to remember the things that you were thankful for!
This turkey would also look great on a Thanksgiving table as décor.