Toilet Paper Roll Cactus
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
If you love making recycled crafts with toilet paper rolls – then this toilet paper roll cactus craft is a fun one to try! You just need a few paper rolls, paint and some glue.
RELATED: Pet Cactus Rocks
These cute cactus toilet paper rolls are not only fun to make – but they would also be great to decorate a room or a desk in an office.
Kids of all ages can make these too! And if you like this cactus craft – see our rock version.
Supplies Needed to Make Toilet Paper Roll Cactus
– 2 Toilet Paper Rolls and 1 Paper Towel Roll (you can also use 2 paper towel rolls and cut 1 in half for the smaller cactus)
– Acrylic Paint – Green, white and light brown. This set of acrylic paints comes with enough colors to make everything you need. You can mix the brown and orange to get a lighter brown/terracotta look for the egg cups.
– 2 egg cups from an egg carton
Watch the full video tutorial here!
How to Make a Paper Roll Cactus
To Make the Large Cactus:
1. First, make the large paper roll cactus by trimming a paper towel roll and making the top rounded. You can also use a toilet paper roll but it won’t be as tall.
2. On the remaining paper towel roll piece, trace and cut out 2 arms for the cactus. You can draw the arm on paper first and use it to trace on the paper towel roll.
3. Paint all of the pieces green.
Then glue the arms to the side of the paper towel roll.
Using a small paintbrush, make small X marks with white paint all over the cactus.
4. Glue on the googly eyes.
To make the small cactus:
1. Trim the top of the paper roll so that the front of it is rounded with a little band on the bottom.
The band on the bottom will help it stand up better in the egg cup.
2. Paint the toilet paper roll green. Once dry, using white acrylic paint add dots or hash marks to it.
3. Glue a small pom pom to the top.
4. Add googly eyes to the toilet paper roll.
Then paint an egg cup in a light brown/terracotta color to look like a pot and place the cactus in the egg cup.
We love how easy these little cacti are to make! Make one or make all 3!
For another fun cactus craft, see these cute pet cactus rocks.