With Christmas just around the corner, this easy Santa craft is the perfect Christmas craft to do with kids! Not only will kids have fun making their Santa Claus, but you can also turn it into a card that can be given as a Christmas gift. Kids will love putting this cute Santa together. This craft is made even easier with a free printable template!
RELATED: Santa Handprint Craft
Santa Craft for Kids
We love how easy and simple this handmade Santa craft is to make! Even if you’re not crafty, we promise you can make this. You just need to grab a few supplies for this craft. And your kids will love making these fluffy Santa cards for Christmas!
We made this really simple by including a free template as a gift for subscribing to our newsletter. You can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the Santa template.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Supplies Needed to Make a Santa Craft Card
– Paint for Santa’s face – you can get an assortment of colors here.
– Glue – we like to use this extra strong non-toxic glue which is perfect for kids to use but also works well on pom poms and cotton balls!
– Santa Template – you can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the Santa template
Steps to Make A Santa Craft Card
1. First print out the Santa template (you can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the Santa template).
You can also free-hand draw the shapes below.
2. Cut out the template elements. Then trace around your template elements on red glitter paper for the hat and white cardstock for the face.
3. For the Santa face, fold your cardstock in half and then trace the face part of the template so that the card will open up.
4. Paint the face.
5. Glue the hat to the top of the face. Now you can start adding your cotton balls to make the brim of the hat. Glue the cotton balls all of the way around the face, leaving a portion to add the eyes and nose.
5. Now glue on the two googly eyes and a small red pom pom for the nose. Add a white pom pom to the top of the hat. We also added two cotton balls to the side of the pom pom nose for a mustache.
6. Write “Merry Christmas” or another special Christmas message inside.
Sign up for our Newsletter and get this Santa Template as a thank you!
More Christmas Card Ideas
These handprint Christmas cards make the cutest keepsake for Christmas!
This Christmas tree handprint card includes fingerprints for the lights!
See 50+ Christmas Crafts for Kids – there are so many fun craft ideas for Christmas in this post.
Pin this for later!