These reindeer pancakes are really easy to make and will become a favorite Christmas breakfast or brunch for kids! These are really easy to make and kids can even help!
RELATED: Christmas Tree Waffles
Reindeer Pancakes – for Christmas Breakfast!
If you love pancakes, then you’ll enjoy making these reindeer pancakes. And this pancake recipe is easy to make – but of course you can always buy pancake mix and use that too!
These Rudolph pancakes were so fun to make and your kids will love helping you make this on Christmas morning!
For another fun Christmas breakfast idea, see our Christmas tree waffles.
Tips for Making:
- Ensure your baking powder is fresh. If the baking powder has expired, your pancakes will not be as fluffy.
- You can use pancake mix to make the pancakes instead of following the recipe. Use the same measurements to create the three pancake sizes for the reindeer.
- Strawberries or red candy (like an M&M) can be used as the reindeer nose instead of raspberries.
- You can use chocolate chips for the eyes instead of blueberries.
- Any kind of milk can be used in this recipe – whole, 2%, fat-free.
- You can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the milk mixture if desired.
Tip for Making the Pancake Circles
Use a turkey baster! Use the turkey baster to get the pancake mix, then apply to your pan. The shape will turn out round.
What Kind of Oil?
- Use a liquid oil rather than spray oil, if possible. Spray oil can cause the pancake to have a blotchy appearance.
- I recommend lightly wiping the pan’s surface with a paper towel after applying the oil or butter. This will help spread the oil evenly and remove any large patches that may cause uneven cooking.
- The pancakes will be darker if you use butter on the pan rather than oil.
How to Store:
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave in 30-second increments before enjoying.
- Leftover pancake batter can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana
- 8 blueberries
- 4 raspberries
- Oil or for greasing pan
How to Make a Reindeer Pancake
1. See our pancake recipe below, or use pancake mix.
2. Follow the instructions on your bacon package to cook 12 slices of bacon. Recipe makes 4 servings, if you only want to make 2 servings, cut the recipe in half.
3. Assemble the reindeer:
Arrange four pieces of bacon in the top half of the plate to create the antlers.
Add the large pancake to the center of the plate, slightly overlapping the bottom of the antlers. Add the medium pancake to the bottom of the large pancake.
Add half of the small pancake to each side of the large pancake for the reindeer ears.
Add two banana slices topped with blueberries to the middle of the large pancake to form the eyes.
Finally, place a raspberry in the middle of the medium pancake for the reindeer nose.
Follow the recipe below for full directions:
- 12 pieces bacon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar *granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter *melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 8 blueberries
- 4 raspberries
- oil *for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until your desired level of crispness is achieved. Once the bacon is cooked, cut each strip in half.
- While the bacon is cooking, prepare the pancake batter. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, butter (melted and cooled), and egg in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking it.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and lightly grease the surface with oil or butter.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to the griddle, this will be the face of the reindeer. Once bubbles form on the top of the batter, flip the pancake and cook the other side.
- Use 1 ½ tablespoons of batter to form a medium circle for the reindeer's mouth and 1 tablespoon to form an even smaller circle. Once cooked and cooled, cut the smallest circle in half to create the ears.
- Cut the banana into round slices for the base of the eyes.
- To assemble the reindeer, arrange four pieces of bacon in the top half of the plate to create the antlers. Add the large pancake to the center of the plate, slightly overlapping the bottom of the antlers. Add the medium pancake to the bottom of the large pancake. Add half of the small pancake to each side of the large pancake for the reindeer ears. Add two banana slices topped with blueberries to the middle of the large pancake to form the eyes. Finally, place a raspberry in the middle of the medium pancake for the reindeer nose.