A fun summer activity with kids is berry picking. Fresh berries can be turned into fun summer treats. These homemade fruit roll-ups are one of our favorite homemade treats for kids. These are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients!
RELATED: Homemade gummy bear recipe
Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups Recipe
This fruit roll-ups recipe is so easy to make! Kids will love having these as a snack. We love that they are made with real fruit and no added sugar since they are sweetened with honey. Just a friendly reminder that honey should not be given to babies under 1 year of age.
You can experiment with different fruit combinations to make these fruit leather roll-ups – use all strawberry or mix strawberry with raspberry, blueberries and blackberries. If you don’t like the seeds, strain the puree with a mesh strainer for a smooth finish.
How to Make Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
This easy fruit leather recipe only requires 3 ingredients:
Once you’ve made these once you’ll want to make them again!
These fruit roll-ups make great treats for lunches! It’s even a fun activity to do in the summer with the kids. You can go out berry picking and then make your fruit leather roll-ups when you get home. If you have any extra fruit, turn them into real fruit popsicles too!
Get the kids involved! Kids can help you make these roll-ups. Have the kids help to wash the berries and pick off any stems. They can help pour in the honey and lemon juice. They will also love spreading out the puree. Of course, get the kids to do the rolling!
Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
- 5 cups berries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Fahrenheit (or the lowest temperature your oven will go).
- Line a large (17x12 inch) rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Rinse berries and remove stems from berries, if necessary.
- In a blender or food processor, add the berries.
- Add honey and lemon juice and then blend until smooth.
- For a smooth finish, pour puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Pour pureed fruit onto baking sheet and spread evenly over the entire pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 5-6 hours, rotating the pan halfway through the drying process. Remove from oven when the puree has set and is no longer sticky.
- Allow the pan to cool completely. If you used a silicone baking mat, gently peel the cooled fruit leather and transfer onto a large sheet of wax paper.
- Cut the paper-lined fruit leather into long strips and roll.
- Store fruit roll-ups in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
More Recipes For Kids
See how to make your own homemade gummy bears. These are a lot of fun to make and eat!
These homemade fruit popsicles are the perfect summer treat!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *
9 comments on “Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups”
Love this recipe! And so easy to make.
Mine stuck to the parchment paper but if this happens to you, just apply a wet paper towel to the back to help remove.
I hope this helps someone 😊
Incredible recipes for kids
I made it it’s good
I made roll up with apples. Dehydrating in oven now. Will let you know the outcome
We tried this yesterday with frozen berries and it worked out great!!
I just blitzed them (from frozen because I forgot to take them out to defrost)in the nutri bullet with a dash of water to help blend.
I didn’t Strain it to get rid of any seeds- and the kids and I loved them. I might try straining next time just to see if it’s worth the extra effort.
I cooked them for 7 hours.
Thanks for sharing
Do you have a suggestion for a substitute for the honey?
You can skip the honey or use a little bit of stevia instead.
I am just wondering if I can use frozen berries instead?
The recipe sounds amazing and cannot wait to try it out.
You should be able to! I haven’t tested it but I would make sure you drain out any excess water once you defrost the berries to make sure it’s not too watery or it may not completely dry out in the oven.