If you’re looking for an easy Christmas craft for kids then you’ll love these Popsicle Stick Christmas Crafts. Kids will love choosing which ornament they can make. From a snowman to a Santa – these will be a big hit for Christmas! And the best part is you can hang them on the Christmas tree when you are done. Or you can give them as a Christmas gift or add them on top of presents as decoration.
RELATED: Popsicle Stick Snowflake Ornaments
Popsicle Stick Christmas Crafts
Grab some popsicle sticks and you can create so many different Christmas crafts with them! Don’t let the ideas stop here – you can also make a reindeer, Santa hat and elf too!
These popsicle stick Christmas ornaments are a breeze to make and a lot of fun to put together too. We love how you can easily make these into ornaments by adding some twine to the back. We’ll show you how to make a snowman, Santa and Christmas tree. With just a few supplies, you can transform popsicle sticks into these fun and festive Christmas ornaments!
Supplies Needed to Make Christmas Popsicle Stick Ornaments
For the Snowman:
- Snowflake embellishment or sticker
- Small black buttons
- White and black paint
- Orange cardstock for the nose
- Red Glitter paper
For the Santa:
- Small red pom pom for Santa
- Small googly eyes
- Cotton Balls
- White Pom Pom for the Santa hat
- Red paint and you can get an assortment of colors for the face here
- Small black buttons
For the Christmas Tree
- Gold glitter stars
- Green paint
- Gold glitter paper for the trunk or brown cardstock
Extra Strong Non-toxic Glue – we like this brand. It works really well for gluing foam paper, buttons and pom poms. You can use this glue for the popsicle sticks as well just make sure you allow ample time for them to dry.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
How to Make Popsicle Stick Christmas Crafts
Here are the 3 different popsicle stick ornaments we made with step-by-step instructions on how to make them.
1. First paint 4 popsicle sticks white and glue them together. You can add a mini craft stick to the back to help glue them together.
2. Paint a mini craft stick black and glue to the top of the snowman. Paint the remaining top black.
3. Cut two strips of red glitter paper and add slits to the end. Glue down to make the scarf. Then glue on two small black buttons.
4. Make a carrot nose from orange cardstock and glue on. Then draw the eyes and mouth with a black sharpie.
5. Glue on the snowflake and some twine to the back.
1. Glue 4 popsicle sticks together. You can add a mini craft stick to the back to help with gluing them together. Then paint the bottom red and paint the face the color of your choice.
2. Cut a hat out of red glitter paper and glue down to the top.
3. Glue a white pom pom to the top of the hat.
4. Glue on small googly eyes and a red pom pom for the face.
5. Using cotton balls, glue down for the brim of the hat and around the face to make a beard.
6. Glue 3 black buttons down. Add some twine to the back for hanging.
1. Paint 2 regular popsicle sticks and 1 mini craft stick green. Glue them together. Add a small gold glitter paper square to the bottom for the trunk.
3. Add a gold glitter star to the top.
4. Then add gold and red rhinestones around your tree.
5. Glue some twine to the back.
We love how easy these ornaments are to make and they look great on the Christmas tree! Which one is your favorite?
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
See 50+ Christmas Crafts for Kids – there are so many fun craft ideas for Christmas in this post.
For another popsicle stick ornament idea, see these popsicle stick snowflakes.
Pin this for later!