If you are looking for a fun photo craft for the holidays, try making a wiggly snowman! This paper snowman craft is so cute and their arms and legs do a little wiggle that will bring a smile to everyone’s face. Not only are these wiggly snowmen fun for kids to play with at home, but they would make the perfect craft to hang up around the house or classroom.
RELATED: Wiggly Paper Elf Craft
Wiggly Paper Snowman Craft
This wiggly snowman craft would be a huge hit for an activity at a holiday party. You could also attach them to the top of gifts for a special touch. We’ll show you how to make a snowman with a top hat or earmuffs. Make one or try both!
Supplies Needed to Make a Wiggly Paper Snowman Craft
You only need a handful of supplies to make this craft. We’ve made it simple by providing a free printable template, but you can also cut out your own shapes by hand if you prefer.
- White Cardstock
- Cardstock – Brown, Black, Red, Orange
- Glitter Paper – Red and Green
- Small Black Buttons
- Glitter Paper – Red and Green
- Pipe Cleaner – Red or Green works well
- Large Pom Poms – Red or Green
- Photo – you want a photo where nothing is in front of the face (like hair or hands)
- Free Printable Template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template
What kind of glue should I use? Since this is mostly a paper craft, white glue or a glue stick will work fine.
For the buttons and pom poms, we like to use an extra-strong non-toxic glue like this one. Just make sure to let it thoroughly dry and press and hold for the glue to take.
Watch the full tutorial video here!
Directions For How To Make a Paper Snowman
1. Cut out the template and trace around the elements. You will need orange cardstock for the carrot, light brown cardstock for the arms, black for the boots and hat and green or red for the mittens.
You’ll also need green or red glitter paper for the scarf.
2. Glue on the scarf pieces to the body and trim it fit if necessary. Glue on 2 small black buttons.
3. To make the arms and legs, cut out long strips of the light brown and white cardstock. Then accordion fold the pieces.
Then glue the mittens and boots on.
4. Put the body together by gluing on the arms and legs
5. Make the heads. Glue on the carrot nose. You can use the template or cut out your own to fit the face of your photo.
For the earmuffs, attach the pom poms and the pipe cleaner to the head with glue.
For the snowman hat, cut it out from black cardstock and then add a red glitter strip. Glue this to the top of the head.
6. Glue the head to the body.
These snowmen will surely put a smile on your face when you’re done making them! Place them around your home or classroom for a holiday touch.
To get the template, subscribe below and it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift. Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
See our wiggly paper elf craft too! Make your own set of paper elves this Christmas or make one to go with the snowman!
For more Christmas craft ideas, see 50+ Christmas Crafts for Kids.