Paper Elf Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Christmas is such a great time for kids to make keepsake crafts for loved ones. Photo crafts are especially fun because you can put them up as decoration. This Paper Elf Craft is so easy to make and is also a fun way to make your own elves to display around the house.
RELATED: Christmas Crafts for Kids
This paper elf craft is so easy for little elves of all ages to create. It’s simple to make a bunch of these elves to give out to all of your family and friends too!
Or if you’re a teacher, these would look great to make as a classroom!
Supplies Needed To Make A Paper Elf
You only need a handful of supplies to make this craft. We’ve made it simple by providing a free printable template, but you can also cut out your own shapes by hand if you prefer.
- Cardstock – Red and Green
- Glitter Paper – Red and Green
- Small Red Buttons
- Cotton Ball
- Small White Pom Pom
- Photo – you want a photo where nothing is in front of the face (like hair or hands)
- Free Printable Template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template
What kind of glue should I use? Since this is mostly a paper craft, white glue or a glue stick will work fine.
For the buttons and pom pom, we like to use an extra-strong non-toxic glue like this one. Just make sure to let it thoroughly dry and press and hold for the glue to take.
Watch the full tutorial video here!
Directions For How To Make A Paper Elf
1. Cut out the template and trace around the elements. You will need green cardstock for the body, legs and arms. Use the red cardstock for the mittens and boots.
The red glitter paper is for the collar and the green glitter paper is for the hat.
2. Attach the red glitter paper collar to the round green body. Glue on 2 small red buttons.
3. Accordion fold 4 green strips of paper for the arms and legs. Make the legs slightly larger than the arms. Trim the size of the strips if needed to make them smaller.
4. Glue the arms and legs to the body and attach the mittens and boots to the ends of the arms and legs.
5. Glue a piece of cotton ball to the bottom of the green glitter hat. Add the small white pom pom to the top of the hat.
Cut out the photo head and glue the hat onto the head.
5. Glue the head to the top of the elf body.
Now your wiggly paper elf craft is complete! Kids will love playing with their finished elf or you can put it up on display to enjoy!
To get the template, subscribe below and it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift. Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
For more Christmas craft ideas, see 50+ Christmas Crafts for Kids.
For another cute elf idea – see these toilet paper roll Christmas crafts.