Mother’s Day Card Craft
With spring here now we are looking forward to flowers and Mother’s day. This 3D tulip Mother’s day card craft is the perfect craft and card activity for kids! Not only does this make a beautiful Mother’s day gift from kids but it’s also a really easy to make Mother’s day card too. Moms will love receiving this handmade card. And we’ve made it really simple by including a free printable template you can use.
RELATED: Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
Mother’s Day Card Craft for Kids
If you’re looking for an easy Mother’s day craft to make with kids, this one is really easy to make! With the printable templates you can easily trace around the tulip and flower pot to make this card. Kids can write their own special message inside the flower pot card too!
Supplies to Make a Mother’s Day Paper Tulip Card
– 12 x 12 light pink cardstock
– Bright pink cardstock
– Green cardstock
– Green pipe cleaners
– Brown cardstock
– Alphabet lettering stickers
– Glue – we like to use this extra strong non-toxic glue which is perfect for kids to use on pipe cleaners.
– Tulip and flower pot templates – you can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the tulip and flower pot template
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps to Make a Paper Tulip Mother’s Day Card
1. First print off the printable template and cut out the tulip and flower pot. You can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the tulip and flower pot template.
2. Trace the flower pot template on some brown cardstock. You’ll need to trace and cut out two. One for the top and one for the bottom (where you’ll write your message). You can also make the flower pot any color you’d like!
3. Cut out 2 paper tulips for each tulip flower you’d like to add. We made 3 tulips so needed 6 paper tulips in total.
4. Fold the paper tulip in half first.
5. Then fold the two sides in the opposite direction. This will allow the center to pop off the paper. Then glue down the two sides to another paper tulip.
6. Glue the 3 tulips to a 12×12 piece of cardstock. You can also fit everything on a regular sized paper. Glue the 2 flower pots on top of each other also, where the top one is only glued by the brim of the pot.
7. Glue on 3 bright green pipe cleaners for the stems. Cut out 3 leaves and glue these to the side of the pipe cleaners.
8. Add MOM lettering stickers to the front of the flower pot. You can also just write “MOM” on the front with a marker too.
8. Write a special Mother’s day message inside the card or just write, “Happy Mother’s Day!”
We love how simple this card is to make. Kids of all ages can help put it together. They can even draw or decorate the flower pot. Then add a special message or poem inside.
Sign up for our Newsletter and get this tulip and flower pot template as a thank you!
Some of our favorite Mother’s Day Card ideas:
More Mother’s Day Ideas
See over 20+ of our favorite Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids.
This handprint flower pot card is another way you can use the flower pot to make a card!
Another fun card craft for Mother’s day is this coffee cup flower card.