Handmade Mothers Day Card
What better time of year to make a handmade card than for Mother’s Day. This card also doubles as an easy craft kids and even adults can make for Mom! Grab some cupcake liners, print off our free coffee cup template and make this beautiful handmade mothers day card. Mom will surely cherish this for years to come!
RELATED: Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
Handmade Mothers Day Card
We love how easy and simple this handmade Mother’s Day card is to make! Even if you’re not crafty, we promise you can make this. Anyone can make this!
We also love how simple and affordable this card is to make. You can probably make this card for less than $2 if you already have some of these supplies. And Mom will cherish this more than a store-bought card!
This Mother’s Day card uses supplies you should already have around the house. Buttons, popsicle sticks, and cupcake liners. I know we always have a good stash of cupcake liners and buttons laying around the house!
We’re making this easy for you to make by including the free coffee cup template to all new subscribers and current subscribers. Just enter your email at the bottom of this post and you’ll get the free coffee cup printable delivered straight to your inbox.
Supplies Needed to Make a Handmade Mothers Day Card
– Cupcake liners in 2 colors (we chose pink & yellow)
– Popsicle sticks
– Green paint
– Coffee Cup template – free template is available to all subscribers. Just enter your email at the bottom of this post and you’ll get the free coffee cup printable delivered straight to your inbox.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps to Make a Cupcake Liner Flower Handmade Mothers Day Card
1. First print off your coffee cup template (you can get the details to download at the bottom of this post).
2. You’ll need to have 2 coffee cups cut out. Save time tracing by printing on pink cardstock to start. Then all you need to do is print off the template and cut the cups out.
Glue one of your paper coffee cups to your white cardstock. Add some glue around the handle and then glue the other one on top.
3. Paint 3 popsicle sticks green to make the stems for the flowers and glue to your white cardstock. Have them come into your coffee cup a little bit so that they look like they are coming out of the cup.
4. Now make your cupcake liner flowers. We used two different colors and alternated them on the card. You can even use patterned cupcake liners with flowers or other designs and those would look great too!
Once you’ve glued down your cupcake liners, glue a button in the center.
5. Now write your Mother’s Day message inside the card. Isn’t this the prettiest handmade Mothers Day card you’ve seen?
We were inspired to make these cupcake liner flowers by these cupcake liner cards made by I Heart Crafty Things.
Get the FREE coffee cup template sent straight to your inbox. Free to all newsletter subscribers.
More Homemade Mother’s Day Cards
This handprint flower pot card is adorable for kids to make.
Make butterfly handprint cards complete with a poem for Mother’s Day you can include inside!
See over 20+ of our favorite Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids.