Kids will love to pretend to hatch these frozen dinosaur eggs. You can use small dinosaur toys inside the eggs with recycled balloons to make the eggs!
RELATED: Frozen Dinosaurs
Frozen Dinosaur Eggs Activity
We love how easy this activity is to set up! And kids will love helping too. They will be so excited to “hatch” these dinosaur eggs with some water. And you only need a few supplies to make these!
Supplies Needed to Make Frozen Dinosaur Eggs
– Small Dinosaur Toys
– Used Balloons (save them!) – must be 12 inch size or larger to fit the water and dinosaur
We froze the eggs with water only but you could also add some food coloring into the eggs to make them colored!
Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
How to Make Frozen Dinosaur Eggs
1. Start by saving any used balloons.
2. Cut off the tip of where the balloon was tied. Try to cut as closely as possible to this spot to give yourself more space to retie the balloon.
3. Place one small dinosaur inside the balloon. Stretch the opening as wide as you can to place it in. You may need someone else to help place it in for you.
4. Add water into the balloon.
Because part of the top is cut off, it’s easier to place the balloon over a small faucet and hold the top of the balloon on the faucet while it’s filling up. If you do not hold the top, the water may spill out before the balloon is filled up.
5. Tie the balloon again. Because you have less balloon to work with, this part can be tricky. Stretch the end as much as possible and then retie. If you still cannot get it tied you may need to let some water out.
6. Freeze until frozen.
Once frozen you can use scissors to cut off the balloon.
7. Now kids can have fun “hatching” the eggs with some warm water! We used a small bowl of warm water and a dropper to melt the eggs.
Kids will love this fun activity – and we love that you can reuse balloons for another purpose too!
More Dinosaur Activities for Kids
See how to make these fizzy dinosaur eggs!
For another frozen dinosaur activity, try these frozen fossils!