Christmas Tree Outline
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’re looking for a simple Christmas tree outline to create a craft with we have the perfect printable for you. We turned this simple Christmas tree template into a 3D Christmas tree. These would be great to make for a Christmas table centerpiece. It’s also a really easy Christmas craft for kids. Kids can have fun decorating their own mini Christmas tree and then putting them up for display after.
RELATED: Handprint Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Outline Template
We’ve made this craft really simple for you with this free printable Christmas tree outline template.
You can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter on the form with the preview of the Christmas tree template (close to the bottom of the post).
You can also do this activity by just free-hand drawing your own Christmas trees too!
We love how simple this one is for kids to make!
Supplies Needed to Make a Christmas Tree Template Craft
– Green Glitter Paper or green cardstock
– Pom Poms
– Gold Stars
– Paper Rolls
– Gold Twine
– Brown Paint
Steps to Make a 3D Christmas Tree
1. Start by printing out the Christmas Tree outline template and cutting it out. Use it to trace around green glitter paper or cardstock. You’ll need to make two if you want both sides to be colored.
2. Trace the Christmas tree outline around some cardboard and cut it out. Then glue both green glitter Christmas trees to each side of the cardboard.
The cardboard is added so that the whole Christmas tree is not too flimsy. If you try to place just the cardstock into the paper roll we found it was not sturdy enough to stand up straight.
3. Start decorating your Christmas trees! We added some red, white and green pom poms and some gold twine to ours. The sky is the limit for decorations! You can also have kids make their own little paper baubles and add those too.
4. Finally, paint a paper roll brown. Let it try and then cut down to size for the Christmas tree trunk. Make two slits on each side for where you want to place your Christmas tree. And then gently slide your Christmas tree inside the trunk paper roll.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Sign up for our Newsletter and get this Christmas Tree Outline Template as a thank you!
If you are having trouble getting the email confirmation, make sure you check all folders as it can sometimes land in the promotion and junk folders.
More Christmas Ideas
If you love salt painting, see our salt painted Christmas trees with free printable template.
These handprint Christmas cards make the cutest keepsake cards for Christmas. See how to make a Santa, reindeer and elf handprint card.
This Christmas tree handprint card includes fingerprints for the lights and is really easy to make.
For more Christmas craft ideas, see 50+ Christmas Crafts for Kids.
Pin this for later!