Is Dad a fan of the grill? Do you call him King of the Grill? Then this Father’s Day card is the perfect gift for the grill master in your family! Get the free printable template at the bottom of the post!
RELATED: DAD Doodle Cards
BBQ Card for Father’s Day
Surprise Dad with this adorable BBQ card for Father’s Day! The card opens up for you to write your very own personalized message inside too!
Free printable template is available at the bottom of the post!
You can write a cute saying inside the card too, “Dad, You’re King of the Grill!” or “Happy Father’s Day BBQ King!”
We made this craft really simple by including a free template to make it. You can get the template at the bottom of the post.
Supplies Needed to Make a BBQ Card
– Different colored cardstock – we used grey, black and white.
– Black Marker
– Glue – Regular glue or a glue stick. However, since this is all paper – I like to use a glue stick for the paper and an extra strong glue for the googly eyes.
– Large Googly Eyes
– BBQ Card template – you can get the FREE template at the bottom of the post.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps to Make a BBQ Grill Card
1. Print off the free template (at the bottom of the post) and use it to trace around your cardstock for each piece.
We used grey for the legs, black and white for the wheel and black for the top of the BBQ.
2. Glue the leg pieces together by gluing the smaller piece in between the two longer pieces.
3. Glue the two circle wheel pieces together and then glue to one of the legs.
4. Cut out an extra strip of paper that fits the bottom of the grill and glue to the top of this piece.
Note: this piece is not on the template. It’s small and a straight line so you can use the bottom black BBQ piece to get a size similar to add here.
5. Glue the black handle to the top of the BBQ.
6. Add 2 large googly eyes to the top of the BBQ.
7. Cut out the center part of the card (rectangle template on the 2nd page) on white cardstock. Or you can print directly onto white cardstock and cut it out.
Fold it into 4 even folds using an accordion fold.
8. Write your special message inside the card in the middle 2 folded parts of your white paper.
9. Glue the top and bottom folded parts of the white cardstock to the top and bottom BBQ black pieces.
Now your card is ready to give to Dad! He’ll be so surprised when he opens up the BBQ to reveal the surprise message inside.
Free Printable BBQ Template Here
More Father’s Day Crafts for Kids
You can also grab this DAD coloring card which includes a BBQ theme!
If you call Dad Papa Bear, see our bear craft card too!
And if you like to say “I Love You to Moon and Back” this footprint rocket is really cute to make!