Do you love to call Dad “Papa Bear”? We love saying Mama Bear and Papa Bear in our house and thought making a bear card for Father’s Day would fit perfectly with the name. But you can also make this bear craft any time of the year! These bears are adorable and kids will love putting them together. Print off the free template we have created to make this an easy craft for kids of all ages!
RELATED: Father’s Day Crafts
We love how easy and simple this handmade Father’s Day card is to make! Even if you’re not crafty, we promise you can make this. You just need to grab a few supplies. Kids will love putting these colorful Papa Bear cards together!
You only need a few supplies to put this card together – some large pom poms, googly eyes and cardstock. Kids will love making their own bear to give to Dad!
We made this really simple by including a free template as a gift for subscribing to our newsletter. Just enter your email at the bottom of this post and you’ll get the free bear template printable delivered straight to your inbox.
Supplies Needed to Make a Bear Craft Card
– Different colored cardstock – we used blue, green and yellow in two different shades of the color
– Large pom pom to match the color of your cardstock
– Large googly eyes
– Black sharpie
– Glue – we like to use this glue for gluing pom poms since it’s much stronger and they can be tricky sometimes to stay on
– Bear template – free template is available to all subscribers as a gift. Just enter your email at the bottom of this post and you’ll get the free bear template delivered straight to your inbox.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps to Make A Papa Bear Craft
1. First print out the bear template (you can get the details to download at the bottom of this post).
2. Cut out the template elements. Then trace around your template elements for each color. We did a lighter color for the nose and inside ears and a brighter color for the face and ears.
3. For the bear face, fold your cardstock in half and then trace the face part of the template so that the card will open up.
4. Glue the inside ear to the larger ear piece and then glue the ears to the back of the head.
5. Now glue on the mouth, googly eyes and pom pom for the nose. We like to use this glue for gluing pom poms since it’s much stronger and they can be tricky sometimes to stay on
Use your sharpie to make the mouth.
5. Write “Happy Father’s Day Papa Bear” inside
Sign up for our Newsletter and get this Bear Template as a thank you!
More Father’s Day Ideas
These super hero cards are perfect to make with your super hero fan. Dad will love getting these cards!
And if you like to say “I Love You to Moon and Back” this footprint rocket is really cute to make!