These free printable Weather Bingo cards are a fun activity to do for spring or a weather-theme unit. This is also a great indoor activity for a rainy day!
RELATED: Spring Bingo
Weather Bingo – Free Printable Cards
Looking for a fun rainy day activity? Bingo is an easy set-up. Just print off the cards (you can grab them at the bottom of the post). Then get kids involved setting up the game. Use each card as an opportunity to discuss what is is or how it’s related to weather.
If you have a weather unit – this is a fun activity to add to your theme! It’s also a great way to test learning by asking kids what the card is when it’s selected.
But you don’t have to save this Weather Bingo game for a rainy day, bring it to a picnic or play outside at a park!
This free printable includes 10 Bingo Cards.
The printable also comes with a full page of calling cards. Have kids select the cards from a jar or select them at random from the calling card page.
Supplies Needed To Play Weather Bingo
White Paper or Cardstock
Bingo Markers – see marker options we suggest you use below
Optional – Self Laminating Sheets
If you want to keep your bingo cards to reuse them every year, we recommend laminating them.
If you don’t laminate the cards and print them in black and white, Do-A-Dot Markers are great for this activity.
Bingo Marker Options
Candy Options: Skittles, jelly beans
Non-Candy Options: Colored pom poms, buttons, pony beads, shells or stones
Pencil or Markers: You can have kids cross out the spots with a marker or a dot marker. If you laminate the cards you can also use dry erase markers.
How To Set Up A Weather Bingo Game
- Cut out the calling cards and place them in a bowl or jar for selecting.
- Cut out the bingo cards. Each player gets a bingo card. If you have more than 10 players you can put kids into small groups to play together.
- Use candy or non-candy items as markers. When the image is called out, the player puts a marker on that image.
- When calling out the images – you can describe the image or show the picture. There are a few different images of clouds. Calling out the gray storm cloud or showing the card to kids when it’s chosen will be easier for them to identify it on their bingo card.
- You can play for a line (5 in a row) or a full card. The first person to get a line says “Bingo!”. You can keep playing afterwards for more lines if you have more prizes to give out. There are 30 calling cards to choose from so a full card may result in having a few people winning at the same time depending on the number of players. We recommend playing mostly for lines because of this. Mix up the cards and start a new game after a few lines have been won.
How Can I Play With More People?
There are 10 unique cards included. If you have more than 10 players you can break them up into small groups and play in groups of 2-3 players. You can also hand out similar cards and have more than one winner at a time.
How To Print The Bingo Cards
Make sure you review the Print Preview before printing. Every printer is different so make sure you select “Print to Fit to Size” or look at the printer Scale Features (you can print at 90% scale) in your printer settings so that it does not print cut off if you are having issues.
Free Printable Weather Bingo Cards
Also see more of our favorite Bingo cards here!
Share a Comment!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *
2 comments on “Weather Bingo”
I love this idea
My daycare children LOVE bingo games! I also think these types of games help to develop memory skills and also observations skills