This shamrock suncatcher is so easy to make! We love how how easy they are to make. Get into the festive spirit for St Patrick’s day and make these colorful suncatchers today.
Shamrock Suncatcher Craft
These suncatchers only require a few materials that you might already have on hand. You only need laminating paper, tissue paper, black cardstock and our free printable shamrock template. You can also draw your own shamrocks too!
Make a green shamrock with two shades of green, or make a rainbow version.
Supplies Needed To Make Shamrock Suncatchers
- Tissue Paper or Square Tissue Paper Pieces
- Clear Contact Paper or Self-Adhesive Laminating Sheets
- Black Cardstock
- Free Printable Template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template
Watch the video tutorial here!
Instructions For Making a St Patrick’s Day Suncatcher
1. First, print off the template. You can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template.
Cut out the template and use it to trace around black cardstock.
2. Cut out the shamrock from your black cardstock.
Bend the center slightly to cut out the middle of the template, leaving only the black outline.
Make sure to cut out the bottom stem part too.
3. Then place the shamrock outline onto the sticky side of a piece of contact paper or self-adhesive laminating paper.
4. Cut up your tissue paper into small squares. You can also buy square tissue paper pieces.
Layer the tissue paper squares onto the contact paper or laminating paper. Don’t worry if you go outside of the outline, this will get trimmed off later!
5. Place another piece of self-adhesive laminating paper or contact paper on top of your finished shamrock and press down firmly. Be careful to lay the final sheet on flat so that you do not get any bumps or air bubbles when placing down.
6. Trim around your shamrock. Then use double-sided tape to add to your windows!
Make a green version or a rainbow colored version. Kids can choose any colors!
We love how colorful the rainbow version is too!
We hope you enjoy making these colorful shamrock suncatchers to brighten your windows for St Patrick’s Day!
To get the template, subscribe below and it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift. Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More St Patrick’s Day Ideas
This leprechaun handprint opens up to be a card you can give for St Patrick’s Day!
This rainbow slime is really fun to make for St Patrick’s Day!