If you’d like a little luck of the Irish on your side, you may want to make this easy paper leprechaun craft. This is a fun craft to make with kids or to give as a gift for St Patrick’s day!
RELATED: St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids
Paper Leprechaun Craft for Kids
This paper leprechaun craft is easy for little leprechauns of all ages to create. And if you’re a teacher, these would look great to put on a bulletin board!
Get our free printable template sent to you at the bottom of the post.
- Gold and Green Glitter Paper
- Black Cardstock
- Green Cardstock
- Brown Cardstock
- Large Orange Pom Poms
- Paint for the leprechaun hands or you can use colored paper instead. You can find a selection of colors here.
- Photo – you want a photo where nothing is in front of the face (like hair or hands). We printed on white cardstock on our computer or you can print on photo paper.
- Free Printable Template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post
Watch the Video Tutorial!
How to Make a Paper Leprechaun
1. First, print off the template. You can get the template at the bottom of the post.
2. Make the body.
Make the body by tracing around green glitter paper for the body and black cardstock for the belt. Glue the belt to the body.
3. Make the belt buckle.
Trace around the belt buckle template on gold glitter cardstock. Bend the buckle slightly to make a mark with scissors in the middle so you can cut out the center.
4. Make the arms and legs.
Make the accordion legs and arms. Cut out 4 strips of paper. Make the arms slightly smaller than the legs.
Then accordion fold the pieces.
5. Glue the arms and legs to the body.
6. Make the boots.
Trace around brown cardstock for the boots.
Glue the boots to the back of the wiggly legs.
7. Make the hands.
Trace around colored paper for the hands or use paint to color the hands.
Then glue the hands to the wiggly arm paper pieces.
8. Make the hat for the head.
Trace around green glitter cardstock for the hat. Add a strip for the brim of the hat from black cardstock. Make the hat buckle with gold glitter cardstock. You can bend the center of the buckle to cut it out.
Glue the hat to the photo.
9. Glue large orange pom poms around the face.
10. Then glue the face to the leprechaun body.
Now your wiggly paper leprechaun craft is complete!
Kids will love playing with their finished leprechaun or you can put it up on display to enjoy!
Get the Leprechaun Template Here
Free Printable Leprechaun Template
Get the FREE printable leprechaun template delivered to your inbox. You’ll also receive our free weekly newsletter.
More St Patrick’s Day Ideas
This leprechaun handprint opens up to be a card you can give for St Patrick’s Day!
This rainbow slime is really fun to make for St Patrick’s Day!