Paper Leprechaun Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’d like a little luck of the Irish on your side, you may want to make this easy paper leprechaun craft. This is a fun craft to make with kids or to give as a gift for St Patrick’s day!
RELATED: St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids
Leprechaun Craft for Kids
This paper leprechaun craft is easy for little leprechauns of all ages to create. And if you’re a teacher, these would look great to put on a bulletin board!
Place these paper leprechauns around the classroom or your home to get into the festive spirit for St Patrick’s Day!
Supplies Needed to Make Wiggly Paper Leprechauns
- Gold and Green Glitter Paper
- Black Cardstock
- Green Cardstock
- Brown Cardstock
- Large Orange Pom Poms
- Paint for the leprechaun hands or you can use colored paper instead. We used this color for our leprechaun.
- Photo – you want a photo where nothing is in front of the face (like hair or hands). We printed on white cardstock on our computer or you can print on photo paper.
- Free Printable Template – you can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Steps to Make a St Patrick’s Day Paper Leprechaun
1. First, print off the template. You can get the template at the bottom of the post on the email form that shows a preview of the template
2. Make the body by tracing around green glitter paper for the body and black cardstock for the belt. Glue the belt to the body.
3. Trace around the belt buckle template on gold glitter cardstock. Bend the buckle slightly to make a mark with scissors in the middle so you can cut out the center.
4. Make the accordion legs and arms. Cut out 4 strips of paper. Make the arms slightly smaller than the legs.
Then accordion fold the pieces.
5. Glue the arms and legs to the body.
6. Trace around brown cardstock for the boots. Glue the boots to the back of the wiggly legs.
7. Trace around colored paper for the hands or use paint to color the hands. Then glue the hands to the wiggly arm paper pieces.
8. Make the hat for the head.
Trace around green glitter cardstock for the hat. Add a strip for the brim of the hat from black cardstock. Make the hat buckle with gold glitter cardstock. You can bend the center of the buckle to cut it out.
Glue the hat to the photo.
9. Finally, glue large orange pom poms around the face.
Then glue the face to the leprechaun body.
Now your wiggly paper leprechaun craft is complete! Kids will love playing with their finished leprechaun or you can put it up on display to enjoy!
To get the template, subscribe below and it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift. Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More St Patrick’s Day Ideas
This leprechaun handprint opens up to be a card you can give for St Patrick’s Day!
This rainbow slime is really fun to make for St Patrick’s Day!