This reindeer footprint craft is such a cute keepsake for Christmas! You only need a few supplies to make this. Turn it into a card, gift tag or frame it to give as a gift for Christmas!
RELATED: Reindeer Handprint
Reindeer Footprint Craft
This footprint reindeer is really easy to make! You only need a few supplies. Kids will love decorating the reindeer and the best part is the fingerprint lights!
For another cute reindeer craft, make these with our handprint reindeer cards!
And for another cute footprint craft idea, grab our free printable mistletoes footprint art.
If you’d like to keep it simpler without the fingerprint lights, you can skip this step and just make the footprint reindeer:
Supplies to Make a Reindeer Footprint
– Brown acrylic paint and a mix of colors for the fingerprint lights. This set has a nice mix of colors.
– White cardstock – I like this large 12×12 paper for footprints
– Tacky glue (for gluing on the pipe cleaners) you can also use hot glue (with adult assistance)
– Black marker
Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
How to Make a Reindeer Footprint
1. Start by painting one foot with brown paint.
Press firmly on the paper to make the footprint.
Don’t worry if when you press the footprint down it doesn’t transfer all of the paint on. You can touch up some spots with a paintbrush.
– Don’t worry if when you press the footprint down it doesn’t transfer all of the paint on. You can touch up some spots with a paintbrush.
– Have kids sit in a chair while painting their foot.
– Try to add as much paint onto the foot before pressing down. They can stand up from the chair to place their footprint onto the paper.
– Make sure the foot is flat when you press down on the paper and all toes are touching the paper.
– Lift the foot up gently after pressing.
– Wash feet immediately for easy clean-up. I like to keep a small bowl with dish soap and water in it nearby to wash off the feet with a washcloth or baby wipe when done.
2. Glue on two large googly eyes.
3. Glue on a large red pom pom for the nose.
4. Make the antlers with pipe cleaner.
Take a smaller piece of pipe cleaner and twist it around a longer piece to make the antlers.
Make two and glue to the top of the footprint.
5. Draw the string of lights with a black marker.
Add little rectangle shapes with the marker on the black string you drew for where you want to put your fingerprints.
6. Dip a fingerprint into paint and add to the string of lights.
We used colors in rainbow order.
Your reindeer is now done! Add it into a frame for a gift, or turn it into a card.
This is such a cute keepsake to make for Christmas! It would look great hung up for decoration too!
For more Christmas crafts, see 50+ Christmas crafts for kids.