Pool Noodle Boats
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
These pool noodle boats are such a fun way to make a DIY water toy that kids will love. All you need is a pool noodle and a few other supplies to make these adorable boats!
RELATED: Summer Sailboat Craft
Pool Noodle Boats – A Fun Summer Craft!
Pool noodles cut easily with a serrated knife, so you can make a whole bunch of boats from just one noodle! Have an adult cut the noodle up and then kids can help decorate it with a sail, straw and flag.
Grab some water toys and animals or small figurines to ride on the boats!
Supplies Needed To Make Pool Noodle Boats
- 1 Pool Noodle
- Colored sheets
- Glue – glue stick or craft glue
- Paper Straws – we like these colorful ones
- Colored washi tape
Steps To Make A Pool Noodle Boat
1. Using a serrated knife, have an adult cut the pool noodle into pieces that are about 3 inches thick.
2. Cut foam sheets into the shape of a sail.
3. Using scissors, make 1/2 inch slits in the top and bottom of the sail.
4. Thread a straw through the foam sheet.
5. Add washi tape to the top of the straw.
6. Cut a triangle piece out of the end of the washi tape.
7. Push the straw into the pool noodle. You may need to make a small hole in the noodle with scissors to help attach the straw.
Now your pool noodle boat is ready to float! Grab a clear bin and fill it with some water and watch them sail away.
Play with them in the pool or even the bath tub. This would also be a fun craft for a summer birthday party!
More Summer Activities for Kids
– This summer bucket list has over 100 ideas!
– Make your own summer playdough with our homemade playdough recipe!
– This sidewalk chalk paint is so fun to make and play with!
– See also this fun paper sailboat craft for summer! Kids will love tearing the paper and making their own sailboat.