If you love handprint crafts we have the perfect ones for Halloween! These Halloween handprints are the cutest Halloween handmade cards for kids to make. With 4 different designs to choose from, kids will love making their own handprint ghost, handprint pumpkin, handprint frankenstein or handprint vampire! And the best part is they are really easy to make!
RELATED: Handprint Witch
We’ll show you how to make these easy Halloween handprint cards. They each open up to write your very own special Halloween message inside. “Have a spook-tacular Halloween!” for the ghost or even just “Happy Halloween!”. All you need to make these are some paint, paper and googly eyes and you’re all set!
Here are the Supplies You’ll Need to Make These Halloween Handprints
- Paint – black and this color for the face
- Googly eyes
- White cardstock
- Red cardstock
- Black cardstock
- Red Glitter paper
- Black sharpie
Steps to Make Halloween Handprint Cards
1. Fold your neon green cardstock in half. Trace the handprint so that the pinky is on the folded part of the card. Cut out the handprint being sure to leave the pinky part uncut so that the card will open up at this part.
2. Paint the top of the hand black to make the hair. Add some zig zag lines in the hair when painting.
3. Cut out two strips from black cardstock and glue down for the eyebrows and mouth.
4. Glue the googly eyes on top of the eyebrows.
1. Fold your orange cardstock in half. Trace the handprint so that the wrist part is at the folded part of the card. Cut out the handprint so that the wrist part is not cut and the card will open up at this part.
2. Cut out the pumpkin eyes, nose and mouth from black cardstock and glue down.
3. Cut out a small stem from a darker green and glue down.
4. Cut out a small strip of lighter green and wrap around a pencil to make it curl. Then glue down to the stem.
1. Fold a piece of white cardstock.
2. Trace your handprint so that the pinky is at the folded part of the paper. Cut out your handprint leaving the folded side where the pinky is so the card will open up. Watch the video tutorial at the bottom of this post for full details on how it opens!
3. Glue on the googly eyes (put one slightly smaller than the other on the right).
4. Draw on a mouth with a black sharpie.
1. Fold over a white piece of cardstock. Trace the handprint so that the pinky is on the folded part of the paper. Cut out the handprint, making sure to leave the portion on the pinky side so it will open up like a card.
2. Paint the bottom of the handprint with this paint color and let it dry.
3. Then paint the top part of the handprint with black paint and make the hair come to a point.
4. Draw the mouth with a black sharpie. Cut out two small triangles from white cardstock and glue these to the mouth.
5. Make the cape by cutting out a large triangle from red cardstock. Make the same size slightly larger with black cardstock and then glue these together. Add a small white triangle to the bottom point of the triangle.
6. Glue the cape to the back of the handprint.
7. Make a bow tie from red glitter paper and glue this to the bottom of the handprint. Glue on top of the handprint being sure to not glue to the cape so you can still open up the card.
8. Finally, glue on your googly eyes.
We hope you love making these adorable Halloween handprints! Come share your final creations with us over in our group.
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
More Halloween Crafts for Kids
See 50+ Halloween Crafts for Kids – there is something for everyone in this list of craft ideas!
For another cute Halloween handprint card idea, see this handprint witch.
Pin this for later!