All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
We like to make all kinds of slime here and this galaxy slime is no different! Kids will love making their very own galactic slime mixing these different glittered slimes. And no galaxy slime will look the same, just like real galaxies! The best part is that this slime recipe is easy – only 3 ingredients!
RELATED: Unicorn Slime
When we think of a galaxy, we think of black primarily but if you look at galaxy images you’ll see vibrant pinks, blues and purples. The colors are quite stunning and this galaxy slime is no different!
We love how glittery each color is – and the best part is you won’t need to add much extra glitter yourself using Elmer’s glitter glue!
You’ll need to make 4 different slime batches to make this Galaxy Slime. One black glittered glue, one blue, one pink and one purple.
Each batch is quick to whip up – only 3 ingredients and uses our top recommended slime activator – contact lens solution.
Ingredients Needed to Make Galaxy Slime
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make one of the colors (if you plan to make all 4 colors you’ll need to grab 4 of each of the ingredient amounts below).
– 1 Bottle of Elmer’s Glitter Glue (6 oz). We used black, blue, purple and pink. Note: We have only tested this with Elmer’s glitter glue and recommend this brand as other brands may not work.
– 1 TBSP or more (up to 1 cup) water which will make your slime stretchier. This is optional.
– Silver glitter
– 1/2 TBSP Baking Soda
Galaxy Slime Recipe
This is our favorite part of the galaxy slime – the black glitter glue slime! We added some extra silver glitter to this slime to make it look like it has stars in it. It actually looks like a galaxy with distant stars!
Once you have all of the colors made, you’ll need to line them up together to twist and form your “galaxy”.
Twist your slime together now to form your galaxy! Isn’t it pretty? We will note that the more you mix and play with the slime it will turn into one color. But the glitter glue and extra glitter will still make it look galaxy-worthy!
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Now head over to our RECIPE INSTRUCTION PAGE to get the step-by-step instructions for how to make slime.
Slime Safety & Precautions
Note: Making slime is a science experiment and safety precautions should still be made when creating slime. By making this slime, you agree to our site terms which you can read here.
- Adults should handle any chemicals and products
- Adults should make the slime
- Always read and follow the labels of products used. If contact lens solution is accidentally ingested, seek medical attention immediately.
- This project is not suitable for children under 4.
- Slime should not be placed in the mouth. Always wash hands before and after playing with the slime.
- If you notice any skin irritation, discontinue use immediately. If you have sensitive skin, wear gloves while making and playing with the slime.
- Slime is a science experiment and should be made and played with in moderation. Do not allow children to make their own slime and do not play with slime for an extended period of time.
Want more Slime Recipes?
Have you tried fluffy slime yet? This is fun to make and the texture is “fluffy”!
See our Unicorn Slime Recipe – one of our most popular slime recipes!