All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Use our free printable elf template to make these adorable elf cards. This Christmas craft is so simple to make with our free printable template. You can even just make them to display around a classroom or your home!
RELATED: Christmas Crafts for Kids
Kids can get creative and make each elf have a different silly personality. These cards are sure to bring a smile to the person who receives them!
Elf Template – Christmas Card
You can draw the elf pieces by hand or grab our free printable template to make this craft.
Kids will love making these cards for Christmas!
Supplies Needed To Make Elf Template Cards
- White Cardstock
- Glitter Paper – Red and Green
- Cotton Balls
- Pom Poms – White and Red
- Googly Eyes
- Pink Paint
- Light Beige and Light Brown Paint
- Template – you can get the template emailed to you as a free gift by signing up to our newsletter (make sure to sign up on the form with the preview of the elf card template)
What kind of glue should I use? Since this is mostly a paper craft, white glue or a glue stick will work fine.
For the pom poms and googly eyes, we like to use an extra-strong non-toxic glue like this one. Just make sure to let it thoroughly dry and press and hold for the glue to take.
Watch the full tutorial video here!
Steps To Make an Elf Card with Printable Template
1. Print off the templates and trace around cardstock. You will need green glitter paper for the hat, white cardstock for the face and ears and red glitter paper for the shirt. If you do not have a pom pom, you can trace around red cardstock for the tip of the hat using the circle on the template.
2. For the face, fold over a large piece of white cardstock and trace around the template. Make sure to trace with the flat side against the folded part of the paper so that the card will open up.
3. Paint the face and ears with the light beige or brown paint.
4. Glue the ears to the back side of the top of the card.
5. Attach the hat to to the face with glue. Next, glue cotton balls on top to make the brim.
Glue a white pom pom to the top of the hat.
6. Glue on googly eyes and a red pom pom for a nose.
Using pink paint, paint on two small circles for the cheeks.
Then draw the smile on with a black sharpie or marker.
7. Glue the shirt piece to the back of the bottom of the card.
10. Finally, write a Christmas message on the inside of the card!
These cute elf cards are perfect for kids of all ages to make! They are really easy to put together with our free template too. Make one or make a whole bunch for classmates or relatives this Christmas!
To get the template, subscribe below and it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift. Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
See our wiggly paper elf craft too! Make your own set of paper elves this Christmas or make one to go with the snowman!
For more Christmas craft ideas, see 50+ Christmas Crafts for Kids.