Candy Cane Slime Recipe
If you have tried our most popular Slime Recipe then you’ll enjoy this one! It’s a similar recipe but with a slight twist for Christmas. And it has the added bonus that it’s easy to make and smells like candy canes! Kids will love playing with this Candy Cane Slime as a fun sensory activity.
If you’re looking for another fun Christmas slime activity, be sure to see how to make these cute Christmas Slime jars. Perfect to make as gifts and give at Christmas time!
RELATED: Christmas Slime
Candy Cane Slime – a Christmas Science Activity!
Watch the full tutorial video here before you get started!
Kids will love stretching these two colored slimes together. Twist them to make a candy cane or simply mix them and stretch them together.
We love how this slime almost looks fluffy even though it’s not a fluffy slime recipe. You can achieve this more sturdy and fluffy texture by not adding in any water to the recipe. If you want a stretchier slime, then we do recommend adding in water but for this activity it will be harder to create your candy cane with water added.
In order to get perfect red slime we used red glitter glue with extra red glitter to give it even more sparkle! See how pretty this red slime looks?
For the white slime, you can use regular white glue and we also added some extra white and silver glitter to give it a bit of sparkle too (glitter optional of course).
Ingredients Needed For Candy Cane Slime
Repeat these ingredients for each color (white & red):
– 1 bottle of Elmer’s glue (6 oz) – we used white and red glitter glue and repeated the recipe twice (one time for each bottle). Note: we made this with Elmer’s glue. It is recommended you do not substitute with other glue as the make-up may not be the same and the recipe may not work (especially Dollar store glue many people report having problems using this). We have been told that quality PVA glue will work if you do not have Elmer’s glue in your country.
– 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
– 1 TBSP water optional (will make your slime stretchier. Add this before your baking soda)
– Glitter optional (added to each color to make it shine more)
– 1 TSP Peppermint Extract optional (added to the glue) to make it scented and smell like a candy cane
Now head over to our FULL RECIPE PAGE to get the step-by-step instructions HERE.
Candy Cane Slime Recipe
- - 1 bottle of Elmer’s glue 6 oz - red glitter glue and white
- - 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- - 1 TBSP water optional will make your slime stretchier add before your baking soda
- - Glitter optional added to each color to make it shine more
- - 1 TSP Peppermint Extract optional added to the glue to make it scented and smell like a candy cane
- - 1 1/2 TBSP of Contact Lens Solution - see our full recipe post for tips on which one to buy. It must contain boric acid and sodium borate.
- See our slime making step-by-step instructions here.
As always, adult supervision is recommended and slime should never be placed in the mouth. Adults should make the slime. See the full recipe for more slime safety tips.
If you love this Christmas themed slime, be sure to see how to make these adorable Christmas Slime Jars. These would be perfect to make as gifts!
And see our most popular slime recipe here too!